Author Topic: Sutters Crossing - Then & Now 2 *PICS*  (Read 3384 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Sutters Crossing - Then & Now 2 *PICS*
« on: December 13, 2008, 01:12:19 AM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Sutters Crossing - Then & Now 2 *PICS* has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Stephen Hussar wrote:
Sutters Crossing 1998. Photo taken standing on the grade looking north.

And almost the same angle 3 years later in October 2001

Photos: Stewart Rhine

Joe Fox replied:
What a wonderful change. The only way it could get any better, is with #9 under steam, and an antique car.

Joe

Mike Fox replied:
That will come with time.....

James Patten replied:
We've had the antique car there before, meeting #10.

Stewart Rhine replied:
I have shots of number 10 meeting the Model T Depot Hack at Sutter's during the picnic one year.  I also have some photos of the SR&RL rail car heading South through the crossing.  I may send them to Steve at some point.   I used a "survey style" photo because it gives you a better view up the line for a Then & Now comparison.

Joe Fox replied:
Oh. I have seen the photos of #10 going through the crossing with one of Boothbay's model T's waiting for the train to go by. Does anybody know if Boothbay will lend us the model T's again for the Annual Picnic in August of 2007?

Joe

James Patten replied:
I'm sure if we ask nicely they will.  Brian may have his house by the tracks built then so we can stage a "Fanslau's Crossing" meet.

Joe Fox replied:
What do you mean by that James? And where is Brian going to have his house at?

Joe
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum