Author Topic: Monson #3 status at Phillips  (Read 15852 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Re: Monson #3 status at Phillips
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 02:44:42 PM »
Thanks Wayne for reminding us all to be good sports.

Let's keep this discussion focused on what we can do to help. The Sandy River group's communication issues are now well documented and no further evidence is needed. Maybe one of our co-members or another forum reader can contact them and offer to help out in this regard.

Meanwhile, let's also be thankful for the people like John McNamara who put out our newsletter time and time again; and for the open communication that we enjoy at the WW&F (of which this forum is a small part.)
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

John McNamara

• Operating Volunteers
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 05:00:17 PM »
Maybe one of our co-members or another forum reader can contact them and offer to help out in this regard.
That was indeed the goal of my post.

-John

(p.s. to Ed, thanks for the kind words.)

Richard "Steam" Symmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 05:04:39 PM »
Taking "pot shots" and stating well documented facts are two different things.  I do NOT take pot shots.

Richard

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 05:30:23 PM »
I've been monitoring this thread closely, and didn't see (and still don't see) any real horrible pot shots; just lots of first hand experiences and examples.

That said, let's move on. There really isn't any value in sharing such stories. I'm sure the Sandy River group is aware of their shortcomings, and will address them if someone comes forward who is willing to help.

Now back to #3...
There is a nice thread on the NGDF (Narrow Gauge Discussion Forum) about a recent visit, with lots of pictures. Check out:
http://ngdiscussion.net/phorum/read.php?1,269747
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 07:38:38 AM »
Thanks for the link Ed.  Yes, the SR&RL post on the NGDF has good photos and info.  The post was done by WW&F life member Philip Marshall whom I had the pleasure of meeting the day before.  Philip spent a good part of Saturday at Sheepscot meeting some of us and seeing the progress on #9 (as well as other projects).  We hope he can make it back to Sheepscot more often.

Regarding #3 - I'm a life member of the SR&RL and have donated to the #3 fund in the past.  I think a number of people are waiting to see what comes from the lease/purchase talks with MNG before doing anything else.  As noted, communication is the key.  We WW&FR's are fortunate to have dedicated members John, James and Cindy keeping us up to date on what is happening and what is needed. 

Philip Marshall

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »
Thank you Ed and Stewart for the kind words about my post on the NGDF. I'm glad you found it interesting! It was really good to meet you, Stewart.

-Philip Marshall

John McNamara

• Operating Volunteers
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 05:14:19 PM »
The Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad has a nice Facebook page. I encourage all two-foot fans to visit it and "like" it.

-John

Pete "Cosmo" Barrington

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 10:33:29 AM »
Thanks John, you just saved me from feeling REALLY silly for suggesting they do just that.
(Now I just need to find that page.)  ;)