Author Topic: 2012 Victorian Christmas Pics  (Read 23500 times)

Eric Schade

• Operating Volunteers
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
Re: Victorian Christmas Pics
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 06:57:30 PM »
http://youtu.be/snqwNJE2__U

Here is my little video of some train action.
Eric Schade, Phippsburg, Maine

John McNamara

• Operating Volunteers
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »
Very nicely done! Great to see some Diesel action in there, too. ;D

-John

Fred Morse

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 07:47:48 AM »
Great to see the workhorse of the railroad pulling the cars. It was moving right along too. Three cheers for deisel.

Eric Schade

• Operating Volunteers
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 08:23:25 AM »

lets see if this photo works   I had posted to another forum.  This is Dana watering Number 10

here is a video I did which includes some scenes of my models http://youtu.be/Yc8lIKfyKdU

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:32:40 AM by Eric Schade »
Eric Schade, Phippsburg, Maine

Stephen Hussar

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 08:26:21 AM »

Stephen Hussar

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 10:35:57 AM »
By the way Hansel, nice shooting...your camera work is quite good.

Stephen

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 11:36:21 AM »
Hansel,

The #52 on the back of cab did not survive the 2010 repaint.  I guess the stencil guy got tired.

Good video. It was nice to see you at AC, did you shoot any video there?  The run around move with #10 during the snow shower was pretty.  On most runs the passengers detrained on the west side.  Some of them walked over into the field to photograph the locomotive running around the consist.  As the day went on we got wet when the snain started (before changing to all snow) but we didn't care, the bonfire helped.  

The most challenging part of the day for me was driving back to Sheepscot in an 80 year old truck through that snow squall with no defroster and a vacuum windshield wiper that wouldn't run.  I had to bang on the glass to get the wiper to move.  I put a lit railroad lantern under the dashboard to get some heat on the windshield.  The original WW&F used to do that with the T railcar when it had the sedan body.

Stewart
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:30:41 PM by Stewart Rhine »

John McNamara

• Operating Volunteers
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 09:07:37 PM »
Nice  ;D

Richard "Steam" Symmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
The "Green Hornet" in action looks like an ant dragging a dead caterpillar. Where's the romance?  The ditch lights are the final stake in the heart.  :->

Dale Reynolds

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 11:51:43 AM »
one of the many impressive things about the videos was the appearance of the ROW. very wide, neat, no stumps or trash. fred, KD, and their crew sure did a great job this year. dale

John McNamara

• Operating Volunteers
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 01:01:43 PM »
one of the many impressive things about the videos was the appearance of the ROW. very wide, neat, no stumps or trash. fred, KD, and their crew sure did a great job this year. dale
Don't forget Dwight Winkley, a major, major contributor to the clearance work.

-John

Richard "Steam" Symmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »
I'll second that. I've known Dwight since about 1960. He is ALWAYS THERE where ever and whenever needed.

Dale Reynolds

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Victorian Christmas Pics
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 01:33:37 PM »
thanks, didnt mean to slight dwight, just dont know the gentleman. dale

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 02:07:06 PM »
Dwight worked as the east side (mainline) crossing guard at AC for Victorian Christmas.  I was on the west side, protecting the siding as the locomotive ran through.  We were very busy when each train came in.  The train crew including John R., J.B. and Mike got about half of the arriving passengers to detrain on the west side of the consist using step boxes.  The crowd would collect along the siding then follow the road over to Santa and the bonfire.  The important thing was to have the siding clear for the engine to work through.  Dwight and I had to watch the engine's progress through the north switch then prevent people from crossing as the engine worked down the siding.    

There were a number of people who saw the long line of kids waiting to see Santa, then noticed the horses and walked east on the road for the wagon ride.  That helped keep the crowd a bit smaller around the bonfire.  Of course most of the people saw Santa first and went for the bonfire side.  Some had to walk around the train if they got out on the station side.  Dwight directed those people.  He also helped with the bonfire when I was in the station tending the stove.  When we heard the next train blow for Trask's, Dwight and I got everyone collected along the road on the east side of the main to be ready to board when the cars were empty.  It was a busy but enjoyable job.  Seeing the little kids as they met Santa was the best part.  Some had really cute Christmas outfits.

Stewart    
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:58:19 PM by Stewart Rhine »

Paul Crabb

• Museum Member
  • Brakeman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 06:02:51 PM »
   This is Freddy the snowman complete with his WW&F cap who came up with me from Rhode Island to be the one to greet al those attending Victorian Christmas