Author Topic: Julius Stuck Recovers  (Read 13507 times)

Richard "Steam" Symmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: Julius Stuck Recovers
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 09:59:51 PM »
We haven't had a report on his health since January.  Does anyone have an update?

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 07:11:53 AM »
Sue Longo sent an email out about Julius yesterday.  Julius was released in February, but since has experienced a fall and caught pneumonia.  He's now in an assisted living home in Falmouth, MA.

Richard "Steam" Symmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 08:46:26 AM »
Can we get an address at his Assisted Living location so people can send him cards and notes?

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »
Julius' address at the assisted living facility has been posted in the "Members Only" section of the WW&F Discussion Forum.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 08:49:47 PM »
Sue Longo sent out another note about Julius.  I will post the address in the "members only" section.

Hi RR folks,
I spoke with our man Julius tonight. He is at the address listed below. He needs to get his legs back under him after his last bout with pneumonia. We had a nice chat...he is one sharp cookie especially when you consider that he will be 95 in January. Anyway, if you have a chance to stop by, that would be great. But, I think he would equally appreciate a card or two from his RR family. He spoke highly of the RR and asked in regard to all. I will never forget that first Halloween I met him...him in a "hippie baseball cap"...black with long white hair hanging down....he was drenched....made it to the minibar in the hotel and that was about IT! He was lucky he didn't get pneumonia that night. I think Fred put out 150 pumpkins and the candles, naturally, would not stay lit...crowd was still a big one!!! Anyway, let's help him keep his spirits up!!!!

Richard "Steam" Symmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 09:59:24 PM »
I just wrote out a card to him and will send it tomorrow.  I'm sad that he's had so many problems, but happy that he seems to be on the road to recovery.  God bless anyone who makes it to 95. Maybe he'll make the century mark!

Richard "Steam" Symmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 09:22:10 AM »
FYI:
I received a thank you card from Julius in yesterday's mail. He is recovering very slowly and wishes to be remembered to all of his WW&F friends. He said it is unlikely he can make the trip to Wiscasset any time soon.  He notes that the WW&F "family" are the finest folks he has met in his 94 years.

He would appreciate cards and letters. His mailing address is:

339 Gifford Street, Room 208
Falmouth, MA  02540