Author Topic: SR & RL took part in trail dedication in Phillips  (Read 3483 times)

Steve Smith

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
SR & RL took part in trail dedication in Phillips
« on: August 26, 2012, 11:51:31 AM »
This morning I read on Pg. 31 of The Free Press (Rockland, Maine) that the Sandy River and Rangely Lakes Railroad took part in the dedication—in Phillips on Saturday, August 25th--of the first, 20-mile section of a new trail called the Fly Rod Crosby Trail, named in memory of Cornelia "Fly Rod" Crosby, a fly fisherwoman, journalist, Maine's first registered guide, and a promoter of  the Maine woods as a tourist destination.

The dedication began with a history walk around downtown Phillips. The article stated that, for a small donation, walkers could take a ride on the SR & RL RR, which would be giving rides starting at 10 AM.

With my scanner I couldn't for the life of me get a readable image conforming to the 128 KB limit, else I'd have attached it.  Anyone with the patience to deal with the apparently slow server at The Free Press can see the article on line, in the paper's pdf version. The paper's web address is http://freepressonline.com/ftp/frontpage/currentissue.pdf.