Author Topic: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet  (Read 5194 times)

Ken Fleming

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet
« on: July 11, 2012, 03:00:09 PM »
Not narrow gauge, but nice to see!

Last week the NS rolled out its "Heritage Fleet".  This link will take you to the Official NS page.  Scroll down on the page for the official photos.  Check out the Northeast Roads, especially CNJ paint job.

http://www.nscorp.com/nscportal/nscorp/Community/Heritage%20Locomotives/index.html#&panel1-1

http://www.nscorp.com/nscorphtml/heritage_photos/cnj.jpg

Keith Taylor

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: Norfolk Southern Heritage Fleet
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »

Last week the NS rolled out its "Heritage Fleet".  This link will take you to the Official NS page.  Scroll down on the page for the official photos.  Check out the Northeast Roads, especially CNJ paint job.
Granted I have a prejudiced point of view....but my favorite is the Lehigh Valley unit.

Keith

Dan Shelley

• Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 06:06:22 PM »
  I especially like the New Conrail Heritage loco. I used to see Conrail's Blue Locos with a load of coal going through my old home town of Tyngsboro MA, back in the early 90's.

Ken, I spent a year of high school in PA north of Philly, and I used to see an old switcher unit with Lehigh Valley painted across it hood. Nice looking Heritage unit as well.

Keith Taylor

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 06:15:02 PM »
   Ken, I spent a year of high school in PA north of Philly, and I used to see an old switcher unit with Lehigh Valley painted across it hood. Nice looking Heritage unit as well.

Dan,
I spent many, many years running trains north of Philly (Allentown and Lehighton mostly) for both the Lehigh Valley RR and Conrail.
Keith