Author Topic: The WW&F will be the subject of the next Rocky Mountain RR Club meeting.  (Read 2747 times)

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
Denver, CO -

The Rocky Mountain Railroad Club has announced that the Maine Two-Foot films of Gus Pratt will be shown at their next meeting on February 14th.  The Club, famous for railfan trips on the D&RGW and Rio Grande Southern RR has been a positive force for rail preservation in the front range area since 1938.  The videos, produced by Stephen Hussar will be the highlight of the meeting.  The February 2012 issue of the RMRR Club newsletter "The Rail Report" features an article on the Maine two-footers with an emphasis on the WW&F.  Pages 1 and 2 have historic information and photographs and pages 10 and 11 feature modern photographs of the WW&F Railway by Stephen Hussar.

The video portion of the meeting will be introduced by WW&F/RMRRC member Ira Schreiber who arranged for the presentation of the films.  The showing of the films should increase awareness and interest in the Maine Two-Footers for narrow gauge fans in Colorado.

Stewart   

Ira Schreiber

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: The WW&F will be the subject of the next Rocky Mountain RR Club meeting.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:33:56 PM »
Stewart.

I could not have said it better myself. Let's hope the weather cooperates as today we have 18" of snow and it is still snowing. So much for the banana belt of Colorado.

Ira

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
Re: The WW&F will be the subject of the next Rocky Mountain RR Club meeting.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 07:51:20 PM »
Stewart.

I could not have said it better myself. Let's hope the weather cooperates as today we have 18" of snow and it is still snowing. So much for the banana belt of Colorado.

Ira

Ira,  That explains the bananas that have Crested Butte farm stickers on 'em.  They must have moved the plantation out of Denver because of the weather!  No wonder the WW&F gave up plans to build a connection to the D&RG at Mears Jct., the Rio Grande took all the tropical fruit business away.  So hows the Ouray pineapple harvest going??   8)