Author Topic: Hazard Powder Company Update  (Read 5447 times)

Jim Conlon

• Hobo
    • View Profile
Hazard Powder Company Update
« on: October 10, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »
For dave buczkowski - There was no trains in powder hallow. All rail cars or rail wagons was ( horse drawn ). Go to (hagley museum and library - hazard powder company - images . You will see the old horse stables with wagons loaded with powder barrels. The picture with the rail wagon being pulled by the white horse - drivers name is ( charles ) and the horses name is ( molly ) Time line is 1895. I grew up in scitico and live on broad brook rd now. Most of the area got washed away from the 1938 storm and again in 1955. The old horse stables is now the powder hallow barn. It is very much in use today. Jim

Jim Conlon

• Hobo
    • View Profile
Re: Hazard Powder Company Update
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 10:29:50 PM »
Pic 1 - Old horse barn with horses and wagons. Pic 2 Rail car or rail wagon on tracks, driver and white horse. Drivers name is charley and the horse is molly.

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 10:36:06 PM »
Thanks Jim. Ralph Sweet (who now owns the barn) was kind enough to contact me after I first posted. He is a fount of information about the Hazard Powd
er Works. What and/or where is the Hagley Museum?
Dave

Jim Conlon

• Hobo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 11:09:04 PM »
Hagley Museum and library is in wilmington, de. If you type (hagley museum and library) you will get to there site. there is one more picture i will look for with a rail wagon and horse. I do not think there is any more pic arround that shows the rail cars. I found your post looking for building pic,s for someone i know that looks for old buttons in the hallow. I said this may help you  with the trains. I have horses so i liked the 2 pictures. Jim