Author Topic: Barn Raising Saturday, October 23  (Read 8147 times)

Hans Brandes

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Barn Raising Saturday, October 23
« on: October 21, 2010, 05:26:25 AM »
Please join us this Saturday as we raise the walls and roof of our engine house. We are going to rebuild the portion of the engine house that was burned in the fire last spring. Everything has been salvaged and cleared out. We will be ready with new wood to put up a new structure. We could really use your help to help get us 'back on track'. Bring tools and ladders. We will provide the food.

Thanks, Hans

Hans Brandes

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: Barn Raising Saturday, October 23
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »
Today was a great success with lots of help showing up. The floor of the engine house has been built with new wood, the side walls up and we started the end wall where the doors will go. We worked until the sun set and will be back at it again next Saturday. Cross our fingers that by sunset next Saturday that we will have all of our engines back under cover and secured. Stay tuned for pictures as it was too dark to take the final pictures today.

Hans

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 09:16:06 PM »
Way to go Hans! If I wasn't on yet another college seeking trip I would have tried to stop by. I'm glad to see progress down in Portland.
Dave

Hans Brandes

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 11:22:41 AM »
Dave, Thanks for your support. Sorry I could not make it to track weekend this year as I am sure that new bucket seat on Big Joe must have fit you like a glove. "Unfortunately" (ha ha) I was busy being the Fireman for 7470 over at Conway. Gotta like it! - Hans

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 11:42:15 AM »
Hans;
  Unfortunately we didn't use it over the work weekend. It was used last weekend but James operated it. I was part of the motive power. Will we see you tomorrow in Albion?
Dave

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 06:44:56 PM »
I was part of the motive power.

Time for the next step. Self propulsion. I have two methods in mind. Stay tuned...
Mike
Doing way too much to list...