Author Topic: 75th Anniversary  (Read 7067 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
75th Anniversary
« on: September 15, 2010, 07:11:09 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
75th Anniversary has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Ira Schreiber wrote:
I just realized that June 15th, 2008 will be the 75th anniversary of the wreck of #8, halting regular rail service on the WW&F.

It would be very fitting and great public relations if we could have a special
event that would be promoted nationwise.
Let's see what we can do.

fjknight replied:
Ira,

Just so happens that after the success of the National Narrow Gauge Convention last summer a small group of us thought that we needed some type of follow on event. We have decided to hold what we are calling the Maine 2 foot Railfan Weekend which will consist of a model train show to be held in the Boothbay American Legion hall on Father's day weekend. Of course Father's day is June 15 so that is a convenient coincidence. I've asked the WW&F board to come up with something special for the weekend but I didn't think of a 75th anniversary celebration.

Still working out the details for the model train show but if you are interested you can PM me here or email at mailto:info@me2ftrailfan.org.

Frank

James Patten replied:
Let's have a re-enactment of the wreck!!!

OK not such a great idea...

tomc replied:

Maybe isn't so far fetched.  Make a cardboard or plywood replica and advertise that the museum will be showing what happened 75 years ago.

Take the train ride to end of track and have it there.

Back to snoozing again.  Tom C.

petecosmob replied:
Yeah, and you could use the OLD boiler from #9!

okay, okay, ....I'll shuddup now....
*chuckle*

fjknight replied:

James,

That is one advantage of the model train show. We could have a model re-enactment of the wreck. Depending on how may drawings I have to do between now and June 15 that may be something I could build in S scale.

Frank
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum