Author Topic: B&H tank at WW&F  (Read 5104 times)

Dale Reynolds

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
B&H tank at WW&F
« on: September 01, 2010, 06:27:06 AM »
talked to verne colby, one of the owners of colby and gale oil co in damariscotta, about grant money from exxonmobil to rebuild our tank. they ditched mobil and went to irving due to price, so they cannot help us apply for grant money. verne referred me to the mobil terminal in so. portland to get the name and contact for the wiscasset area dealer. was unablr to get by there this year. if anyone who lives near portland wants to stop by there, i can follow up. BTW, went by bridgton, the other tank car sure looks good, but a shame it is not used for water service on their little track! dale

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Re: B&H tank at WW&F
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 07:05:49 AM »
I have inquired with ExxonMobil (corporate) directly about funding the restoration of the tank. They are not interested. Their charitable foundation is focused on environmental, health, and other issues... they do not fund historic restorations.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Ed Deere

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 04:43:26 PM »
Just a thought of were you might try to find an interested party who might have some funds.

Maine Oil Dealers Association
25 Greenwood Rd, P.O. Box 249
Brunswick , ME 04011
207-729-5298
207-721-9227

http://www.mainebusinessworks.org/index.cfm/spKey/home.financing.htm?detail&proid=772&providerid=900

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 06:15:16 AM »
A suggestion regarding the tank car.  When approaching potential "grantors" it would be helpful to note to them the addition of either a plaque, sign, or some other marking denoting their contribution for restoration.  Always helps with relations..........................

Moxie Bootlegger

Matthew Gustafson

• Engineer
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaj5Rrtw948oLXGLaqgUmDA
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 09:27:08 PM »
 ;)So what you are saying is that we are trying to obtain the money need for the tank car restoration? :)
Steam Department Volunteer at the Illinois Railway Museum.