Author Topic: Return of The Rails  (Read 4897 times)

Bill Shelley

• Hobo
    • View Profile
Return of The Rails
« on: March 19, 2010, 11:14:20 AM »
Hello to all in Alna  I just wanted to give everyone at the WW&F an update on what we are doing over in Bridgton. Some people think that because they see nothing going on outside of the Chamber that we must be dead and gone. Oh so not true ! First off we are working with Steve Hussar to produce a 1 hour plus video on the B&SRRR that includes never before seen footage as well as a few other surprises. I am working on a new book on the B&SRRR as the last one was done almost 20 years ago by Bob Jones. Many new pictures and information has come to light since then. If anyone has pictures or information they would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated and credited. We now have a web site up and running and will be adding a lot to it in the upcoming months. Number 3-Spring (AKA Black fly season) in the 4 print series will be coming out shortly which depics a train with # 3 rolling into Sandy Creek from the Junction. We have an attorney working on getting the statis of Return of The Rails turned into a 501C3. The town of Bridgton has gotten grant funds and are actively doing a brown field study on the old yard site. If all goes well the town will consider excepting the school and grounds. That being said, the town is interested in working with ROTR to recreate some of the original buildings along with some rail for a mixed use project. So you see ROTR is alive and well in Western Maine. On a final note, due to new Federal high tension line pole regs, we have been told by CMP that we must move our display at the Chamber.  We will be doing this sometime during the summer. We will be moving it to the back part of the parking lot at the Chamber where it will look like the train is at the station. Any help for this undertaking would, to say the least, be greatly appreciated !! That is all the major news from ROTR. I will be sending in update from time to time to keep you all informed. Till then, steams up, so we're off. Bridgton Bill for ROTR

Duncan Mackiewicz

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: Return of The Rails
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 11:46:09 AM »
Bill,
Great news to all of us with a soft spot for the B&SR.  Keep us posted on when the display will be moved as well as updates on the book and video.
Duncan

Ed Deere

• Flagman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 06:24:54 AM »
 Bill
Yes do -- please keep us posted. I for one thought the project had fallen by the wayside. Not even the Chamber of Commerce e-mails had an up-date of your doings. When in Springfield I looked and had thought you were going to be there. Perhaps I missed you. So stir us up and keep us all interested. Post some news and pictures on the web site.  People in the area want to know what’s going on.

Bill Shelley

• Hobo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 12:30:36 AM »
Hi Ed  I was at Springfield but did not have a table. Things will start moving now that spring has sprung. Check our web site every couple of weeks as we will be adding to it. www.returnoftherails.com Take Care  Bridgton Bill for ROTR