Author Topic: Truck/Trailer needed for Work Weekend  (Read 16093 times)

Frank Knight

• Museum Member
  • Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: Truck/Trailer needed for Work Weekend
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 06:12:54 PM »
Here is the latest on using my tractor to spread gravel before laying track. The plan right now is that with the help of Hans and his truck my tractor will be delivered to Alna Center early on Saturday Sept. 26. I will proceed to EOT and prepare the site so I can maneuver the tractor easily.

The biggest question in my mind is unloading the flat cars. I think my bucket will only reach about half way across the flat car so we will likely need some workers with shovels to help with the unloading. Dana will be working on getting the gravel to EOT but he is also planning on cropping rail that weekend so we will definitely need some help if you can make it.

Frank

Hans Brandes

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 12:26:58 PM »
OK, we've hit the jackpot! We now have use of a trailer for free thanks to Brian Fanslau and BRV. They are going to let me borrow BRV's. The trailer will get picked up during the week next week. The tractor will move early on Saturday the 26th. Someone (Dana?) needs to let me know if we are unloading at Alna Center or hopefully closer.

Hans

Hans Brandes

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 06:14:24 PM »
More info...trailer gets picked up Thursday afternoon from BRV.  I need to check if they or Frank has adequate tie downs. We are also tryiing to figure out where it is going to get unloaded.

Stay tuned.

Hans

Allan Fisher

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 07:15:13 PM »
When I get permission from Dave Clark , you will be unloading in his driveway . He lives one house north of the Octagon House.
Allan Fisher

Hans Brandes

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 08:50:22 AM »
Thank you Allan. Frank and I are all ready to roll. I am going to be at his house at 0600 Saturday.

Dana Deering

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 05:46:56 AM »
OK,

Sounds like you have a plan.  Please ignore my PM.  I'll be at Sheepscot around 6:30.  I'll be organizing whatever crew I can scrape together and we'll see if we can both crop rail and unload gravel.  If we don't have crew enough we'll concentrate on the gravel first.  We can work on rail afterward and also on 10/3 if we have any crew.

Dana

Allan Fisher

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 05:19:49 PM »
We have permission from Dave Clark to take the John Deere tractor down to the right of way using his "Back Yard". Trailer should not be left in his driveway after unloading.
Allan Fisher