Author Topic: How Far is the WW&F going to restore the new track?  (Read 2626 times)

Matthew Gustafson

• Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Matt3985
How Far is the WW&F going to restore the new track?
« on: November 02, 2008, 08:21:10 PM »
Im a Huge fan of their railroad but i Want to know how far will they go on restoring their new Line?   :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 12:21:23 AM by Matt3985 »
Proud Supporter of the new Norfolk Southern 21st Century Steam Program. Go vist my youtube account here at www.youtube.com/Matt3985 .

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
Re: How Far is the W&WR going to restore the new track?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 08:40:04 PM »
W&WR? I assume you mean the WW&F? The near term goal would be Route 218 in Alna which is a little over a mile away from the current end of track. A little longer term goal is potentially Head Tide and beyond.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Matthew Gustafson

• Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 08:53:10 PM »
What about the Route behind The Station and Car Shop beyond the road! Is that route going to be Restored too? :)
Proud Supporter of the new Norfolk Southern 21st Century Steam Program. Go vist my youtube account here at www.youtube.com/Matt3985 .

John McNamara

• Operating Volunteers
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 09:30:07 PM »
What about the Route behind The Station and Car Shop beyond the road! Is that route going to be Restored too? :)
Extending the route behind the station beyond the road (or crossing 218 on the way to Head Tide) would involve crossing a public road. Doing so would make the WW&F an FRA-regulated railroad. The WWF folks do not fear this and are gradually adopting many of the procedures and paperwork that would be involved. Nevertheless, it is something that it would be nice to postpone as long as possible.

Matthew Gustafson

• Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 09:34:26 PM »
Okay Then! But How far is the new New Route Restorating Going to End at where? =)

Steve Smith

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »
Okay Then! But How far is the new New Route Restorating Going to End at where? =)

Type cross road alna me in google maps, click on satllite and zoom in on the WW&F Sheepscot station & yard. By following the WW&F right of way on the south side of Cross Rd you'll see how far it goes before coming to a dam and pond.

Steve Smith