Author Topic: Volunteer Experience at the WW&F RY  (Read 4006 times)

Bruce Mowbray

• Gandy Dancer
  • Just Another Day On The Job
    • View Profile
Volunteer Experience at the WW&F RY
« on: September 30, 2009, 04:36:56 PM »
Hi Folks,

I want to say thanks for a great volunteer experience at the WW&F Railway Museum. You all were very welcoming and made me feel right at home. I hope to get back up there in the spring for the track laying weekend and try to do some volunteer work from here if possible. I am a machinist/loco mechanic at Steamtown and if there is anything I can help out with from afar, please feel free to contact me. I’ll be watching the forum and will try to pitch in when possible.

Bruce Mowbray

PS If any of you are down this way, stop in at Steamtown and say hello
Bruce Mowbray
Springville, PA

Steve Zuppa

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
Re: Volunteer Experience at the WW&F RY
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:42:21 PM »
Bruce,
I'm glad you had a good time last weekend and it was a pleasure to both meet and work with you. We can't take all the credit for your positive experience, however. You came to the worksite with a smile, a handshake and an introduction, then immediately pitched in, doing the lowliest of jobs; shoveling gravel. Then, even after we knew your qualifications, you didn't tell us how we could run a better railroad ( Laugh all you want. We get that more frequently than you would guess.). So, if a move to Maine is in your future, be assured that you have a home here at the WW&F.
Steve ( track guy, tree cutter, steam fireman, diesel engineer, grunt and, oh yeah, President, WWF Ry Museum.)
Don't ask me. I only cut the grass. Oops, I don't even do that anymore.

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 11:42:07 PM »
El Presidente;
You forgot to add that you know which end of a hammer to use... Sorry I missed Bruce. Anybody that is a friend of Ed must be a good guy.
Dave

Dana Deering

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 08:17:34 AM »
Bruce it was great to meet you and to have your help unloading gravel on Saturday.  Hope to see you again at the WW&F!

Keith Taylor

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 05:42:53 PM »
Bruce, under the topic "General Discussion" there is a thread on "Members and their Live Steamers." You should post some pictures of your beautiful 4-4-0.
Keith