Author Topic: WW&F loco silhouettes  (Read 2409 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
WW&F loco silhouettes
« on: April 06, 2009, 02:23:19 AM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
WW&F loco silhouettes has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

ETSRRCo wrote:
I just started trying this out. Taking photos of locomotives tracing their outlines and turning them into silhouettes. First is the builders photo of #7 (my favorite photo of the 7) sorry for the large size.

#7 late

and #2

Stephen Hussar replied:
I like it, Eric...keep 'em coming! (the 3/4 view is my favorite)

ETSRRCo replied:
who can guess this locomotive?

tomc replied:
Looks like ol #24.
Tom C.

Joe Fox replied:
I think it is one of the SR&RL locomotives, since it has a 2-6-2 wheel arrangemnet.
Joe

sgprailfan replied:

Joe Fox replied:
Oh. Those are great silhouettes.
Joe

ETSRRCo replied:
Yup good ol 24. My favorite two footer. What I would give to have her back. More to come soon. James I'm sorry if this is not the right area for this topic.

James Patten replied:
This is the right area for the topic.  And so that we bring it back even more on topic....
...we could have used a good silhouette of #10 when we were making our highway signs.

ETSRRCo replied:
I'll see if I can make one up. I think I have some good photos of the 10 if you want new highway signs. 

Joe Fox replied:
It would be cool to have signs on Route 1, and 218 with a steam engine on them.
Joe

James Patten replied:
We shouldn't need new signs for a long time yet.

John McNamara replied:
My vague recollection from when we put the signs up is that we were limited to six signs. I don't remember whether a state law or our pocketbooks inspired us to select two large ones for Route 1 and four small ones along Old Sheepscot Road and 218, but that's what is there. Only the large signs on Route 1 have the locomotive on them.
Someone is going to ask, "Where on Route 1?" The answer is "Newcastle," as Wiscasset would not let us put them in the "historic area" near the Route 1 and 218 junction. I think that the "historic area" also includes the Route 1 and 27 junction.

James Patten replied:
The six sign limit is a State limitation.  I won't recite chapter and verse because I don't know it.  I believe our pocketbook was instrumental in deciding sign sizes.

Allan Fisher replied:
Eric, I also need designs for new screened or embroidered clothing to sell in the Museum Store.

gordon cook replied:
My son brought back a gift from the White Pass & Yukon that was a very nice hat and a calendar. It was offered as a package deal, and I was happy to get it. I thought that might be a good item for the museum store.
Maybe a #9 hat with a #9 specific calendar with proceeds towards her restoration?
Gordon C.

Mike Fox replied:
Eric,
Any silhouette of #9. I have been trying to get started on my own little creation here and you might have just the thing.
Mike

ETSRRCo replied:
Give me a half hour and maybe the 9 will appear. I just got home from riding in a CSX GP40 and caboose on a Christmas train. Need to fid a good photo of the 9. Alan what did you have in mind? If you are serious about this contact me back channel (privet message) and we'll talk.

James Patten replied:
Eric, you have my sympathies for riding in a DISEASEL!!!   

sgprailfan replied:
Here in NJ we only have one operating steamer.

ETSRRCo replied:
Thats why I fire at New Hope!
Moderator, WW&F Forum