Author Topic: 1911 WW&F Ry Rulebook *PICS*  (Read 7599 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
1911 WW&F Ry Rulebook *PICS*
« on: April 05, 2009, 09:21:07 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
1911 WW&F Ry Rulebook *PICS* has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Stephen Hussar wrote:
Many thanks to Stewart Rhine for scanning and sending these pages of the 1911 WW&F Railway Co. Rulebook!

Dave Buczkowski replied:
Rule 42 didn't say anything about hitting humans or vehicles. Apparently you didn't need to fill forms in triplicate if you hit a Model T at a crossing... Thanks for posting Stewart's Rulebook Steve!
Dave

ETSRRCo replied:
45 rules!! Man I wish that was all I had to learn. The NORAC operating rules has 998 rules and that's not counting New Hope's safety rules, timetables and EC-99!!! If you go FRA that's what your going to be dealing with. Lots and LOTS of rules and paperwork. Very neat piece of history there thanks for sharing.
-Eric

sgprailfan replied:
Really cool, thanks alot for sharing. I might make one for a private road name. Just wondering how big are the pages?

Stewart Rhine replied:
The original rule book is 5 X 7 1/2"

tomc replied:
Rule 43 covered people.
Tom C.

Dave Buczkowski replied:
But you don't need to file a written report under Rule 43!
Dave

Joe Fox replied:
I think that it is great, that we still have, and use most of the same rules, that were used on the original railroad.
Joe

James Patten replied:
That was our intent when we wrote the current rulebook.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Russ Nelson

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 WW&F Ry Rulebook *PICS*
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 07:49:33 AM »
A friend (Dan Beach) sent me six copies of the rulebook with five copies of ETT #43. I'll bring them with me in April.