Author Topic: Passenger car floor boards  (Read 1720 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Passenger car floor boards
« on: April 06, 2009, 02:20:08 AM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Passenger car floor boards has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Dave Crow wrote:
There was a message on one of the large scale modeling sites in which a fellow wanted to know the finish floor board widths for the J&S passenger cars.
If someone gets a chance, could you measure the floor in Coach 3?  Assuming it still has individual floor boards...
Thanks!

Joe Fox replied:
It does still have individual floor boards, and if I can remember, I will try to measure them for you. Or do you not need the measurements now?
Joe

Dave Crow replied:
Joe,
Yes, it would be great if you can measure the boards widths for me.
Thanks,
Dave

Joe Fox replied:
Ok. I will be sure to do that sometime during my day tomorrow. Talk to you later.
Joe

Joe Fox replied:
Dave,
The floor boards are 3and a 1/2 inches wide on the surface. My dad measured them for me. I am pretty sure that they are tongue and grove, but I am not possitively sure on that. Talk to you later.
Joe

Dave Crow replied:
Joe (and Mike),
Thanks for the measurement.  I'll pass it on to the fellow that had posted on the 7/8n2 discussion forum.
Dave

Joe Fox replied:
No problem.
Joe

Mike Fox replied:
Dave,
Joe forgot to mention they run across the car. They might have known that but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Mike
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum