Author Topic: WW&F 2018 in Reveiw slideshow, and speech  (Read 4283 times)

Joe Fox

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
WW&F 2018 in Reveiw slideshow, and speech
« on: October 12, 2018, 07:27:03 AM »
Hey Everyone,

Unfortunately the slideshow and speech didn't really happen this year during the Fall Work Weekend, so here they are.

Thank you for all-of your support, dedication, and hard work. Without all of you, none of this would be possible. Rather today is your first day volunteering, or just another day from the last few years all of you are a cog in the wheel that helps keep this museum growing.

It is heartwarming to see so many of us all here for the same goal and passion. To restore and preserve this small part of Maine history, and in many cases we work harder here than we do at our every day jobs. Yes, myself included. As many of you know this has been a rather busy year for us, from the BIG bridge project, to Mountain repairs, track work, caboose repairs, and much more. At times the Bridge and Mountain projects were rather stressful and putting serous demand on our regular volunteers, everyone pitched in and kept their heads held high knowing it was for a great purpose. Even those of us not so regular, you are still as much a vital part of the museum as everyone else, because without everyone of you our progress on Work Weekends would not be nearly as spectacular.
We can’t thank you all enough for your dedication, support, and hard work. Please enjoy the following slideshow as we look back at 2018 in review.

After the feedback from the two slideshows I have assembled so far, I plan to make these an annual thing, with two in the works for next year. A 30 years presentation that will include before, during, and after photos. And a 2019 in review slideshow that will include photos from October 2018 to September 2019.

https://youtu.be/ziJApvP1Qvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev4BB33vJLk&t=9s

Steve Zuppa

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
Re: WW&F 2018 in Reveiw slideshow, and speech
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 01:28:12 PM »
I'm a cog. Only in my case it means "Crippled Old Guy".
Don't ask me. I only cut the grass. Oops, I don't even do that anymore.

Joe Fox

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 07:18:22 PM »
 ;D Steve, you are far from crippled my friend.

Ted Miles

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 12:37:25 PM »
Joe,
      That was a great series of slides of pictures and music. Arlo Guthries song City of New Orleans has special meaning to me as my grandfather was a Railway Postal Service clerk on the Illinois Central. He must have been on that train manty times in the 1920s.

Ted Miles, WW&F Member