Author Topic: Any Steam at MNG  (Read 6801 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Any Steam at MNG
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:50:29 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Any Steam at MNG has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Joe Fox wrote:
Hi everybody,

I just read on another post, that the Monson #4 has flue failure and that the engine is out of service. How long do you guys expect it to be out of service? Talk to you guys later.

Joe

John McNamara replied:
Unfortunately for MNG, it's just one piece of bad news afer another. Now the Sprague family wants them to pay rent. See today's Portland Press Herald.

elecuyer replied:
Link to rent story here:
http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=123412&ac=PHnws

No mention of #4's operability.

Joe Fox replied:
Wow, that's too bad. Hopefully things go well for them, because I would hate to see all of that equipment get moved all over the country. Being moved twice is enough, so of it three or four times. Talk to you guys later.

Joe

Ira Schreiber replied:
The Monson locomotive with the flue failure is the one at Phillips, ME on the SR&RL

Mike Fox replied:
That would be the #3 then. Number 4 is at MNGRR in Portland.
Mike

Ira Schreiber replied:
Sorry, you are correct.  It is #3....

Mike Fox replied:
Glad to hear it is not #4. MNGRR does not need that to happen this summer.
Mike

ETSRRCo replied:
(question removed)

elecuyer replied:
Hi Eric,

Let's not go there in a public discussion forum.

Maine Narrow Gauge needs our uncompromised support, and discussing what to do in the (unlikely) event that they can no longer be the primary stewards of Maine's 2ft history would certainly not be productive or supportive.

Thanks,

-Ed Lecuyer

Stephen Hussar replied:
Slightly off-topic, but I just found this very nice power-point style slide-show of the MNG. Not sure how new this is, but it's the first I've seen of it. Really well done and paints a very flattering picture of the MNGM and its volunteers!
http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/slideshows/narrow_gauge/

Joe Fox replied:
That is a nice power point. I saw it once, I believe there is a link to the power point on MNG's website, but I can't remember. Thanks for sharing the link with us Steve.

Joe

Josh Botting replied:
Joe,

How is our power point comming?

Joe Fox replied:
You know Josh, I was just telling Dad that I was thinking about sending it to you for you to finish. I haven't had to many people interested, so it isn't really started that well. I can send you the photos from John Macnamara also if you would like. Talk to you later.

Joe

Ira Schreiber replied:
This coming Saturday, October 20th and Sunday the 21st. there will be hot coffee, doughnuts and hot food served during their fall track work weekend. All WW&F volunteers are invited to lend a hand. Since MNGM personnel lent us a hand last week, it is our time to pay back.
Any questions, contact the MNGM.
Ira

Steve Smith replied:
Too bad that their track weekend coincides with our Halloween weekend.

Steve Smith replied:
OK, can somebody tell this compouter klutz how one inserts just the emoticon without the words?
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum