W.W.&F. Discussion Forum
June 28, 2017, 11:45:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Notice: Great things in store at the WW&F.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wonder if they make a two-foot version?  (Read 1579 times)
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum
Administrator
Supervisor

View Profile WWW
« on: January 22, 2009, 03:33:24 AM »

MODERATORS NOTE:
I wonder if they make a two-foot version? has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Bill Reidy wrote:

James Patten replied:
That would be quite an experience at 49 mph.  Looks pretty high tech for a port-a-potty.
On the other hand, "the treated effluent is discharged directly to the roadbed."  Don't think I want it on my railroad.

Dave Buczkowski replied:
James;
I'm reading this on our Mac at home and there's no photo. Are there still gremlins in our server?
Dave

Stephen Hussar replied:
Dave, here's the photo, hot-linked from the page...can you see it now?

Bill Reidy replied:
Aww, now the surprise is spoiled!

Dave Buczkowski replied:
Steve;
Thanks for posting. I now realize (as I'm now on a PC) that Bill just posted a link. I wonder what the ladder is for - Peeping Toms? And could we get the WW&F logo on the door? The scatalogical jokes sem to roll off the tongue. The Pee Train...
Dave

elecuyer replied:
I'm wondering exactly what they mean by
"DANGER, Live Track"
Huh?

Jeff Patelski replied:
The "Danger, Live Track" sign with the chain is to keep trackworkers from exiting the facilities and forgetting which way to exit the car (in double track territory). You don't want to step onto a live track and into the path of an oncoming train! 

elecuyer replied:
(I know what it *really* means. But thought it would be funny to see someone go into the "facility" after hanging that sign.)

Jeff Patelski replied:
Oh! Okay. Now I'm "tracking" with you.

Wayne Laepple replied:
Hmmm. I remember a fantrip some years ago on which the last car was a gondolo that carried four Portajohns. I also rode a trip once on which two Portajohns were transported inside a baggage car. In both cases, said arrangements were the only comfort facilities available to the passengers.

Dave Buczkowski replied:
I also noticed the water tank. Could this perhaps be used as a fire car as well?

NGFan replied:
Gee what a rig !!!!!!!  Does it come with 26 brake?     Also with all the "Environmental" attachments would this also be considered a GEVO unit? 
John

Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: