Author Topic: Signs of Spring  (Read 1998 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Signs of Spring
« on: January 21, 2009, 11:18:05 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Signs of Spring has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

James Patten wrote:
The signs that spring is somewhere around the corner have started to appear:
- "Heavy Loads Limited" signs which show up at the beginning of many town roads, to keep heavily loaded vehicles from destroying the roads (more so than usual) during thaw season, have begun sprouting from telephone poles in many towns.  They haven't migrated to Alna yet, but I'm sure they will soon.
- I can see the ground in my front yard (and some of the ground at Sheepscot).
- Daylight Savings Time!

Mike Fox replied:
Send some of your bare ground on up. Mine is still under approximately 3 feet of snow. And some of those signs are showing up around here too.
Mike

Joe Fox replied:
Here is one of my posts from Thursday,
"Dave,
Bottle up some of that heat and send it our way please. This is yet anohter weekend I can't make it to the museum due to snow. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but I sure am seeing a lot of smoke, and I can hear it comin closer and closer. It's only a matter of time now, before Spring finally gets here. I know everybody at my school is tired of snow days. We are only allowed 5, and yesterday was day # 13."
Well, I have good news, I think.
The sounds from inside the tunnel are very loud now, smoke is billowing out of the tunnel entrance, and the glow of the head light can barely be seen through all the smoke, but it is getting closer and closer. Spring is just around the corner, and is about to emerge from inside the tunnel. Wonder what engine it will be this year? Maybe WW&F #6 coming from beyond the grave.
Joe

James Patten replied:
FYI the "Heavy Loads Limited" sign on Cross Road in Alna has come down.  Stone delivery is on the way for this week!

Mike Fox replied:
Out Raking the lawn after work tonight. Got attacked by the official Maine Pest. The Mosquito. Anyone coming up, bring repellent or find some at a local store. Off works well, also Bens and others.
Mike
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum