Author Topic: Forum Calendar  (Read 1358 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Historical Topo Maps
Forum Calendar
« on: January 12, 2009, 03:44:22 AM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Forum Calendar has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

James Patten wrote:
I have investigated the forum calendar, and here is what I found out.
Currently the default is set to "View; Suggest Events".  That means everybody who is not a calendar admin (only me at current) can look at the calendar, and I guess suggest events that ought to go on it.
We can define and set up user groups to administer the calendar.  I just set one up called "Calendar Administrators".  We can do this if we only want to give a select few the ability to add and delete things from the calendar.
If we want to allow anybody to add calendar events, I can certainly set it up that way.  I can also make individuals calendar admins as well.

Ira Schreiber replied:
James,
I think a limited access site for the administrators is a good idea with full access for the forum members.
Although I am a few miles out of the area, I would be happy to help, as I am on the net daily.
Ira,
Where the wind and snow blow and there are heard discouraging words!!

fjknight replied:
James,
I submitted a test entry for the forum calendar. One thing I noted is that there is an entry for start time and date but only an end date also the only view appears to be the monthly view. Seems to be a relatively limited function calendar. The Google or Yahoo calendars can do many different views which makes it handy for scheduling events that are less than a whole day. Perhaps there is a way to enable more function in the forum calendar.
Frank KNight
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum