Author Topic: Announcing - a new co-moderator  (Read 3742 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Announcing - a new co-moderator
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:34:25 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Announcing - a new co-moderator has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

James Patten wrote:
All,

Ed Lecuyer has graciously agreed to be a co-moderator.  Not that I have had my hands full with problems, it's more than I'm thinking ahead to my Wales trip, where internet access will be minimal.  And it's always nice to have another set of eyes in case I miss something.

James

elecuyer replied:
Thanks, James. I look forward to helping out.

-Ed Lecuyer

tomc replied:
So what is ED's past history that will let him be a second for you?

Tom C.

James Patten replied:
One of Ed's jobs in the Real World is moderating a forum for his company.  So he has moderation experience already.

elecuyer replied:
If anyone cares about topo maps, nautical charts, and other Navigation software solutions, you can find me moderating discussions at:
http://www.maptech.com/support/forums/index.cfm

For the most part, I tend to let things be - unless posts get really out of hand. The other thing moderators have to keep an eye out for is spam, as there are robots that surf the web and are constantly trying to post advertisements (usually, not family-friendly) to discussion forums.

-Ed Lecuyer

tomc replied:
Ed,
Thanks for the reply. I think you will blend in well.
James,
You are lucky to find good help in Forum moderation.  Enjoy your trip to England with Ed at the helm.  Remeber to bring back a lot of PICS for us to drool over.

Tom C.
Moderator, WW&F Forum