W.W.&F. Discussion Forum
July 25, 2017, 03:46:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Notice: Facing each other.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Carry Pond & Carry Brook RR  (Read 4915 times)
Mike Fox
Museum Member
Superintendent

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:10:20 PM »

Just looking through a logging railroad site http://loggingrailroads.com/me.htm and it lists this railroad. Only lasted 2 years. Anyone ever heard of it? I don't think I have.

Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment
Vincent "Lightning" LeRow
Museum Member
Brakeman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 11:50:42 PM »

the site said that it didn't own any engines.  it may have been an attempt that never really got off the ground

A spike saved is a spike earned.
Steve Klare
Museum Member
Baggageman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:57:19 AM »

Sometimes when there was a long portage between bodies of water, portage railways were built. The really well travelled ones had 0-4-0Ts pulling a passenger car and a rack car for boats. The lesser ones were meant for push cars, and were often either wood railed or strap railed.

I'm guessing this may be one of these.
Mike Fox
Museum Member
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 02:49:54 AM »

Thanks for jogging the memory Steve. I remember now reading something about that in a book about the Eagle Lake Railway. More research for the next snowy day.

Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: