Author Topic: THREE YEARS AGO PUTTING THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE  (Read 3342 times)

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
THREE YEARS AGO PUTTING THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE
« on: November 27, 2020, 10:03:03 AM »
Hello. When I woke up this morning, I thought I had joined the WW&F three years ago today. Still lying in my bed I went htrough all the brillant and exciting feats of engineering and wondrous events and re-creations I had been looking on since then. To only quote those that came up to my drowsy mind, clearing the ROW and lying the track from TOM to Road 218, reassembling the bridge and spanning it over the Troot Brook, insulating and heating the shop, new west parking lot, pavillon in AC, #10 new boiler, boxcar #67, flatcar #34, tankcar #14, then partnership with MNGR museum that led to the building of a ramptrack and the carbarn extension, partnership with MLMW and the building of a spur. As regards the events, Victorian Christmas Specials, Spring 2018 Photograhic Excursions, The Grand Reunion. Of course I don't forget the all-important backstage work such as writting and implementing the new Rulebook, the Five -Year Site Plan, and the Fossel purchase at TOM. The task you have achieved in only three years is downright fabulous and absolutely reflects the endless enthusiasm,eagerness, dedication and amazing skills you all display to bring back to life those endearing and historical twofooter and thus make your dream come true.
I would like to thank you heartily for all those memorable moments of pleasure and happiness you have given to me ,your faraway friend, everyday over those three years through the very active fb team and this lively discussion forum. In the here and now, numerous outsanding achievements are underway that will definitly keep on giving me lots of great and thrilling times. After those pending achievements will be over, I do know there will be others and others  and that, one day, the Jason's Fictionnal Day on the Railroad will be the everyday reality. I pray to God to live  old enough to reach that day.

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: THREE YEARS AGO PUTTING THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 10:17:42 AM »
Alain,

What a fabulous post "Thanksgiving" (an American holiday excuse to over eat) gift to those of us who love the WW&F.  Your summary of the past three years activities echo's what I continually hear from friends and acquaintances when I mention my association with our very special railroad.  That is always something along the lines of "that group accomplishes amazing things" or "that group always sets challenging goals and always completes them."

Thank you for sharing.

Bill
~ B2 ~ Wascally Wabbit & Gofer ~

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 07:14:51 AM »
Bill,

"that group always sets challenging goals and always completes them."
How true that is and I think it's kind of rare . WW&F volunteers not only complete their goals but they keep to them and week after week you can see the work coming along.

Jeff Schumaker

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 11:26:07 AM »
This is very true, Alain. It is even more impressive that the museum was started with the remains of a flat car and a dream.

Jeff S.
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a moose trout out of my hat.

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 12:28:33 PM »
Absolutely Jeff and I guess that if WW&F had have  in 1989 what was given to AMTP  in 1966 namely 3 miles of track, the TPT facilities in Pithiviers, two steams locomotives, a railcar and 6 boxcars  the line would have already reached Albion and Jason's Fictional Day wouldn't have  been a dream for long .

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 07:17:11 PM »
Alain, don't take this the wrong way, but your English communication skills have improved remarkably since you joined the Forum.  (My French communication skills have deteriorated since high school,)

Perhaps just another small way that involvement with WW&F contributes to a better global world!

Bob

BTW, the sooner you can come across the pond to visit us in person, the better.  You will get a memorable reception!

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 08:04:51 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Alain. We have been very busy. It is amazing what we accomplish some years..
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 08:30:36 PM by Mike Fox »
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 08:11:24 PM »
As I was reading my newsletter I always make a point of checking the section:  30 years ago -      20 years ago -     10 years ago -

This year it begins to mean much more to me as this is my 10th anniversary.  And those accomplishments of 10 years ago are just as fresh in my mind as if it was yesterday.  But my o' my - how far we have come from those days.  I wonder will it seem like yesterday on my 30th anniversary?  I hope so ..............
Moxie Bootlegger

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 05:58:18 AM »
Hello Bob and thank you so much for your words about my English improvement but I don't know if I really deserve them.  I've been trying to improve my knowledge of that language for over 14 years everyday  and  obviously joining  WW&F  has been totally instrumental in teaching myself English that  I have not practiced since I left highschool in 1967. I can pretty much read and write but when it comes to oral work it's an other kettle of fish  and you would  be very surprised if some day I crossed the pond to go in Alna pay  my friends a visit.

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 05:30:59 PM »
Alain,
We were talking yesterday while working on the pavilion about what you pointed out about how much has been accomplished since you joined. We were a bit surprised ourselves. Of course, none of what was done would have been possible without the support of all of our members including your generous support.
We look forward to having our French cousin visit! We’ll make sure to roll out the red carpet.
Dave

Jeff Schumaker

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 02:35:44 PM »
Dave,

Wouldn't that be the tapis rouge? 8)

Jeff S.
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a moose trout out of my hat.