Author Topic: COVID-19 (aka "coronavirus") and the WW&F...  (Read 8146 times)

Al Michelis

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
Re: COVID-19 (aka "coronavirus") and the WW&F...
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2020, 11:51:58 AM »
I received my masks today - really like them.  I will not soil it by working at the RR while wearing it.  I have others that I don't care about.  See you all soon.

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2020, 02:48:11 PM »
As an FYI to everyone - Boothbay Railway Village is sitting this season out: https://www.boothbayregister.com/article/brv-closed-season-not-opportunity/134608

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2020, 05:10:41 PM »
With Boothbay being closed, could this be an opportunity for us to "borrow" one or more passenger cars for special events later this year ?????
Moxie Bootlegger

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2020, 10:43:26 PM »
I received my mask yesterday and the quality is really good.  Well Done Cindy!
~ B2 ~ Wascally Wabbit & Gofer ~

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2020, 02:37:56 PM »
Changes are being implemented today (6/8) regarding the 14-day quarantine requirement. In short, residents of New Hampshire and Vermont are now exempt from the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Residents of other states may take a COVID-19 test up to 72 hours before travelling into Maine.

Here is the relevant part of today's statement:

Testing as an Alternative to Quarantine:
The State will allow adults who obtain and receive a negative COVID-19 test no later than 72 hours prior to arrival forgo the 14-day quarantine upon arrival in Maine. This test indicates that, even when coming from areas with a higher prevalence of the disease than Maine%u2019s, such individuals are unlikely to have COVID-19 and to spread it to Maine residents and other visitors. Maine is strongly urging visitors to %u201CKnow Before You Go,%u201D meaning they should get tested and receive their test results in their home state before traveling to Maine, which will allow them to take appropriate action depending on the result. Individuals may be tested upon arrival in Maine as well, but they must quarantine while awaiting the results.

Additionally, the State will exempt residents of New Hampshire and Vermont from the testing and 14-day quarantine requirement altogether because, when adjusted for population, the prevalence of active cases of COVID-19 in these states is similar to that in Maine. There is no other state with as low a prevalence of COVID-19 within a 12 hour drive. Meanwhile, the prevalence of the virus in states like Massachusetts, New York, and New Jersey %u2013 where nearly half of Maine%u2019s tourists historically originate %u2013 is eight to eleven times higher than the population-adjusted cases in Maine. This exemption is effective immediately for travel and effective June 12th for stays in lodging establishments. The State will continue to evaluate possible additional exemptions based on trends in other states.

People who are not residents of Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont and are visiting Maine will be asked to sign a Certificate of Compliance indicating either that they have received a negative COVID-19 test result, that they will quarantine in Maine for 14 days, or that they have already completed their quarantine in Maine. This compliance form must be provided to check-in at all Maine lodging, campgrounds, seasonal rentals, overnight camps, and other commercial lodging, such as Airbnb. Visitors may be asked to furnish proof of the negative test result upon request. It will become effective July 1 (Stage 3) when lodging establishments may begin serving residents outside of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. The Department of Economic and Community Development, in conjunction with the Department of Health and Human Services, has prepared a draft form for public feedback and will finalize it in the coming week. Signing a compliance form in order to stay in lodging establishments is also a policy employed by both the states of New Hampshire and Vermont.

The entire new policy, for those interested, can be found at:
https://www.maine.gov/covid19/restartingmaine/keepmainehealthy
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 03:08:31 PM by Ed Lecuyer »
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2020, 05:31:40 PM »
There may be hope for outsiders to come and work on the Ry in July after all.  One can hope....
~ B2 ~ Wascally Wabbit & Gofer ~

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2020, 05:49:14 PM »
Better than hope, "outsiders" CAN come!
The only catch is that you have to pass a COVID test 72 hours before your trip.

There were rumors regarding passing COVID test in lieu of quarantine floating around last week, but the (common sense) allowance for NH & VT residents was not mentioned. As such, I scheduled and took a COVID test on Sunday. It wasn't exactly pleasant, and I probably put my self in greater risk by having one (by going inside a medical facility), but it is doable. Not every testing location will do tests for folks who are not showing symptoms - so that took some investigating. I was shooting for a "drive up" location, but the one I went to still required you to go inside to take the test (and be screened for symptoms/vital signs.)

I'll let others debate the legality and/or enforceablity of these measures; I am just glad that I can visit Sheepscot again.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2020, 07:53:28 PM »
See you Saturday Ed..
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2020, 08:02:01 PM »
In this corner of Pennsylvania, one must have a referral from a doctor to get a test.

John McNamara

• Operating Volunteers
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2020, 09:24:18 PM »
I researched testing near me, and most required doctor approval. The only one that didn't required you to be symptomatic.  ::)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2020, 09:40:26 PM »
See you Saturday Ed..

Absolutely. And (this) Wednesday too.

---

As far as testing, supposedly you can also get the test upon your arrival in Maine - but then quarantine until receiving the results. My results came back in about 24 hours.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2020, 08:55:59 AM »
So where would this "incoming" testing being done?  Like Wayne, I have to have a Dr.'s referral and they are too busy to deal with the "what if" folks.
Moxie Bootlegger

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2020, 09:21:20 AM »
Maine claims they have the resources to expand testing.

That said, anyone driving in via New Hampshire could probably stop here and get tested. I used a walk-in clinic in Epping, NH, which is not far from the I-95 tolls in Hampton. I booked an appointment online several days in advance, and it went relatively smoothly.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Dana Deering

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2020, 02:48:34 PM »
I read in the paper that this new reduced restriction takes effect on Friday 6/12.  Was that incorrect?

Dana Deering

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2020, 02:55:18 PM »
Never mind.  The reduced travel restriction starts immediately for NH and VT folks.  If you are going to need commercial lodging you have to wait until Friday 6/12.  This according to the State Website.