Author Topic: SWW 2020 - Spouse/Member Activities & Tours  (Read 5329 times)

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
SWW 2020 - Spouse/Member Activities & Tours
« on: January 21, 2020, 10:24:33 AM »
Formal Announcement:

Local Business / Vendors are partnering with the Museum to provide activities and tours for members spouses and members for SWW 2020.  After years of folks complaining that their wasn't a lot to do for their spouses while members were working.  Local business has heard you and is partnering with the Museum to try out some local activities and tours that in turn can be combined with the Museum during tourist season for packages to sell to tour groups.

The sponsors / tour operators are basically doing this for far below tourist season prices as good will to the Museum's membership.  Please use the link:  https://wiscassetwoods.com/2020/01/10/wwf-spring-work-weekend-special-activities/
  and support our local museum partners and vendors.  Your participation and feedback on the events is important for tour package development.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 12:49:26 PM by Ed Lecuyer »
Moxie Bootlegger

Stephen Piwowarski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SWW 2020 - Spouse/Member Activities & Tours
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 12:45:48 AM »
These are great, support the local economy, and potentially could draw more volunteers and build lasting friendships. Great addition! I'm hoping we can advertise them as we recruit for SWW. Thank you!

Best,
Steve

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 08:58:28 AM »
One of the best things we can do is to establish page links between our website and Facebook pages and the event calendar currently posted at Wiscasset Woods for starters.  This is something best left for the web masters as its something I don't have permissions for.

BTW -  Friday Ravioli class and dinner challenge:  I challenge our members - if we fill the Friday Ravioli class, I will provide all the great Italian wine we could ever need at no extra charge.....
Moxie Bootlegger

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 09:47:02 AM »
I just got an e-mail from Saundra @ Wiscasset Woods.  If you are making SWW reservations please use the Wiscasset Woods website.  There is a special WWF page and discount code for WWF members (10%), that cannot be accessed or used if you go through the discount booking sites.  Your best price is through the WWF page.

Also,  we need folks signing up for the weekend spouse/member activities - if you know your spouse is coming, at least get her/him to try one of the activities.  This is important to our marketing team to get feedback and planning packages for tour groups during the summer.  You do not have to be staying at Wiscasset Woods to participate.
Moxie Bootlegger

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 06:57:35 PM »
Thanks John.  We’ll be mentioning this in our next newsletter, but the issue won’t be posted online before mid-March and the printed newsletter may not reach members’ hands before early April.  Hopefully this will be early enough to help out Wiscasset Woods for planning for the weekend.
What–me worry?

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 07:30:49 PM »
Unfortunately the MidCoast Maine Wine Tour (Saturday) and Beer tour (Monday) has a cutoff of Mar 27th, the Ravioli class (Friday) April 1, the Wiscasset tour (Sunday) April 10th.  We thought announcing 3 months in advance would be plenty of time.
Moxie Bootlegger

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 07:49:30 PM »
Steve can help with this.  Why can't they be promoted (at least) including reservation directions more specifically on the Forum.  Not everyone reads this regularly, but it would be a start (starting now)

Bob

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 09:33:54 PM »
I started with a link at the top of this thread that will get you to the WWF page for the events.  Can more be done, yes, but I need the assistance of our webmasters to do it as I do not have the permissions to set it up.
Moxie Bootlegger

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 05:59:41 PM »
Announcement of these Spring Work Weekend events are now posted on wwfry.org under Recent News:  http://wwfry.org/?p=2895.

Thank you, John, Chris, Saundra and Eric for organizing these events.  I'll also mention these events in the March/April newsletter and do what I can in my control to get the printed issue in member's hand before March 27th.
What–me worry?

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 11:19:12 PM »
Maybe Steve P has some ideas about promoting these events sooner than later.

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 10:12:44 AM »
Wiscasset Woods Lodge has put up event pages on Facebook for each of these activities.
They are also linked from the WW&F Facebook Event page:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/WWFRailway/events/
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 06:46:17 PM »
Ravioli Challenge:  Need 6 more spots to fill the Ravioli Class -  If filled, I will provide all the wonderful Italian wine for dinner at no cost. 
Moxie Bootlegger

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 07:28:47 AM »
An Important Reminder:  Cutoff for SWW spouse events signup ends at the end of the month (March),  a couple of events are almost at minimum sign-up.  If minimum sign-up is not reached, event will be cancelled.  To find out more, go to the activities section on the museum Facebook page to see and connect to the activities.  Sign-up now so you don't miss out!
Moxie Bootlegger

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 07:06:21 PM »
Due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, Wiscasset Woods Lodge will be CLOSED during the Spring Work Weekend. All extra activities have been cancelled. Those with reservations will be contacted by the Lodge for a refund.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum