Author Topic: Ed Mead's B&SR Photos  (Read 10415 times)

Philip Marshall

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Ed Mead's B&SR Photos
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 08:03:01 PM »
For reference, is this the plow train photo you're looking for, Dana? It's in Mead's The Bridgton Narrow Gauge, page 31.

Philip Marshall

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2019, 08:14:39 PM »
I have a 5x7 print of this one I'd be happy to contribute to your project if you don't already have it.

Dana Deering

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 04:34:54 AM »
Thank you, both!  Mike, I have a nice copy of that photo of 4.  Philip, yes, that is the photo I was talking about.  And no, I don't have a copy of the second photo which was taken by Hugh Boutelle, I believe, and that is wife standing next to 4.  I'd take you up on the offer of a copy and would pay for any copying expense.

Dana Deering

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2019, 04:41:19 AM »
The photo of the plow train shows more detail than I've seen in other repros of it.  That's why I am trying to find uncropped copies or the negatives so I can see all of the details in the photographs.  This phot that Philip posted shows the flanger (?) coupled behind 4.  I hadn't seen that in the other copies.

Speaking of BSR plows, I have heard that my mother's cousin has her father's BSR photos and there may be a photo of Plow #1 among them.  I'll be investigating that shortly.

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Yardmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2019, 04:53:27 PM »
Speaking of Hugh G. Boutelle, I have been trying for several years to learn what happened to his collection after his passing. He was a pioneer of photographing narrow gauges and obscure short line railroads.