Author Topic: A big thank you back to those at Sheepscot  (Read 2706 times)

Joseph Lupinski

• Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
A big thank you back to those at Sheepscot
« on: October 14, 2019, 08:20:51 PM »
While it was fun working with everyone this weekend and to see the progress that was accomplished I did want to make a post to thank all those back at home base for taking the time to volunteer and help keep the rest of us fed and cared for when we are there.  My first day I saw one volunteer who was up all night working on food to help support us that day. I did manage to see some of the ladies preparing trays of food while walking through the house Sunday afternoon on my way out and did thank them as their support and effort really go a long way on days like Saturday when we are cold, wet and miserable and can at least partake in some hot food and forget our aches and pains for a while.  Again a big heart felt thank you from this volunteer for your time and effort!

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
Re: A big thank you back to those at Sheepscot
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 08:44:07 PM »
Yes, the kitchen crew and all support staff always deserve high praise. Without them, Fred would have to cook a lot of Hot Dogs..
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 09:27:20 PM »
Many of the Sheepscot Squad, including chef Nancy and others, were treated to a steam trip over the bridge this afternoon. Everyone was quite impressed with all the work that out team accomplished.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Gary Kraske

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 10:11:30 PM »
As my Dad, a WWI veteran, used to say “an army travels on its stomach” to maintain performance.  I with my winter camping trips with tent and a horse blanket roll really realized the truth in that with hot meals and hot drinks a winter day could be survivable and pleasant.  Many thanks to all logistics personnel who helped make the weekend a success!