Author Topic: Congratulations to Chesterfield Associates  (Read 713 times)

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
Congratulations to Chesterfield Associates
« on: March 06, 2020, 07:49:59 PM »
Chesterfield Associates played a key role in our Trout Brook bridge.

"Westport Island firm on track toward million-dollar bridge rehab in Newcastle, Thomaston
"Chesterfield Associates plans to add jobs

"Later this month, Chesterfield Associates President E. Davies Allan expects the Westport Island firm to start a $1.4 million state job. Allan said it will pay more than any job the firm he started in 1968 has done for Maine...

"As of Thursday, March 5, the contract with Maine Department of Transportation to strengthen supports at railroad bridges at Nichols River in Newcastle and George’s River in Thomaston was not a done deal. MDOT spokesman Paul Merrill said in email responses to questions from Wiscasset Newspaper, the department still needed the firm’s proof of bonds and insurance. “This is routine. I don’t see anything that makes me think the department won’t award the bid. The bid amount is in line with our expectations for the cost of the work,” Merrill wrote. A lone, $1,414,761.50 contract would encompass the work at both sites, he said.

"Merrill said the project drew five bids, opened Feb. 26. Asked why Chesterfield Associates’ bid was picked, Merrill said: “We go with the lowest bidder who is capable of doing the work.”...

"The firm worked with Wiscasset, Waterville and Farmington Railway Museum in Alna in 2018 to move a 30-ton bridge to Trout Brook."

Note the photo with the article:  https://www.wiscassetnewspaper.com/article/westport-island-firm-track-toward-million-dollar-bridge-rehab-newcastle-thomaston/131322

What–me worry?