Author Topic: News article on Conway Scenic's #7470 return to service and MLMW  (Read 223 times)

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
After spending the day at our railway today, I headed over to Bartlett, NH.  Michelle and I are on vacation this coming week.

I picked up a copy of today's Conway Daily Sun and was very pleasantly surprised to see the lead article was about Conway Scenic Railroad's steam locomotive #7470's return to service, under the leadership of Brian Fanslau and Maine Machine & Locomotive Works.  Fair use excerpts from the article:

"CONWAY — Railfans were delighted to see the return over Father’s Day Weekend of the steam-powered No. 7470 engine to the high rails of the Conway Scenic Railroad...

"Today, it will be leading the Conway Scenic’s first excursion to the Mt. Washington Regional Airport during an inaugural “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” event.

"“She will lead the train to the airport in Whitefield, which the Conway Scenic has been to only once, in 2011,” said Susan Logan, marketing director for the railroad...

"Fanslau, who oversaw the restoration with his team of mechanical engineers Jason LaMontagne, Joe Card of South Carver, Mass.’s Edaville Railroad and Hannah Miller of Whitefield, Maine, will be serving as one of the firemen on today’s excursion..."

The full article can be found here:  https://www.conwaydailysun.com/news/local/full-steam-ahead-conway-scenic-s-no-back-on-track/article_fb661ec6-98f3-11e9-975f-4fbf20a44618.html
What–me worry?