Author Topic: Edaville #5 on Youtube  (Read 6565 times)

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
Edaville #5 on Youtube
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:04:00 PM »
Edaville #5 (our #10) ran for many years at Pleasure Island in Wakefield Mass.  Someone posted a Youtube link on our Facebook page.  This is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgB17UHnZLM&feature=youtu.be

#5 shows up briefly about halfway into the clip.  At the time it wasn't lettered for anything. 

Not much in the way of railroad, but a great overall view of Pleasure Island in the mid-60s.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Edaville #5 on Youtube
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:53:33 PM »
Red wheels and white tires. Now we're talking. Where's my paint brush. Got some touch up to do on 10
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Stephen Hussar

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:40:59 AM »
The first two cars behind No 5 are interesting, not Maine cars, but what?

Stephen

Richard "Steam" Symmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:32:24 AM »
The cars in the video were "homemade" at Edaville.

In the first year of P.I. in 1959, they used ex-Monson #3 as motive power, along with some of the real Maine rolling stock.  I have home movies of that

After that, #5 was the power from then til the end in 1969.

I photographed and sound recorded the #5 several times. The P.I. Historical Group issued the sound recording on CDs and you had some in your gift shop at one time.

If you think the paint was bad here, you should have seen #5 when it was painted YELLOW, RED and SILVER. Fortunately that only lasted a year and it went back to black.  I have lots of slides of the trains over the years, as I lived only 15 minutes away from P.I.

As an aside, note the "Lone Ranger" still wearing his mask. When actor Clayton Moore retired, he still made personal appearances, but the Hollywood bigwigs wouldn't allow him to wear "the mask", so he took to wearing large "fit-over" type sunglasses instead!   So this was shot before that came about.

A very nostalgic piece of film.

Richard

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 07:42:08 PM »
Reviving an old, old thread, as I just ran across this Youtube video showing our No. 10 in service as No. 5 at Pleasure Island.  Apologies if this link has been posted before elsewhere.  Seen are two open cars like Maine Narrow Gauge No. 103 which has been a familiar sight at Sheepscot, plus an open flat which I remember well from my childhood visits to Edaville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLNOAIaESfo&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2KyOgyQacWYCytm7FawjasNAC9WFlGjT7Wyh_yl-oRJ_W1VaX3EE6ejI8&t=1m28s
What–me worry?