Author Topic: Event Pavilion for Alna Center - Official Reassembly Thread  (Read 68909 times)

Jeff Schumaker

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: Event Pavilion for Alna Center - Official Reassembly Thread
« Reply #450 on: December 27, 2020, 01:29:35 PM »
Fantastic job, Mike.

Jeff S.
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a moose trout out of my hat.

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 27, 2020, 08:06:30 PM »
Mike Fox, Brian Whitney, Zack Wylie, Fred Morse, Dwight Winkley, James Patten, JB Smith along with a few others that my bad memory can’t bring forward right now are owed a big thanks for getting the pavilion completed. Mike promises that the Kubota won’t be the subject of an updated “Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel”. This week we’ll do a bit more clearing around the pavilion.
Dave

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 27, 2020, 09:27:12 PM »
There has been lots of help, some just for part of a day. Every little bit helped. Some knew when to show up. Others were convinced by Fred.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 28, 2020, 12:01:00 PM »
The rebuilding of the pavillon is an other feat to add to those achieved by the WW&F volunteers over the years. The rebuilding that started only 14 months ago in October 19th 2019 has been carried out steadily and efficiently despite the  weather conditions and the unexpected C19 crisis. I congratulate Mike and all those who shared in that task. That vast pavillon that merges perfectly into the  lovely AC scenery will definitely be a great plus that will be able you to plan and  set up events regardless of  the weather. 

Paul Uhland

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 28, 2020, 10:04:27 PM »
Finally replaced my forgotten password to see that the greed merchants of the internet are trying to swamp WW&F, along with most everything else.
Wonderful, not.
And so glad to see the Alna pavilion just about ready for good times,  new coach progress beautifully zooming along, electrical system going in, locos 10 and 11 work seriously started. 
Youze guys do some incredible woik!

Huzzah!!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 10:08:55 PM by Paul Uhland »
Paul Uhland

Roger Cole

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 30, 2020, 04:05:18 PM »
The East Broad Top railroad was awarded a 1.4 million dollar grant from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to assist with 5 projects.  One of them is an "Events Facility" at Colgate Grove, the old end-point of the excursion where the train would be wyed.  The TRAINS Newswire article didn't describe what the "Events Facility" would be - A pavilion or an actual building.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 05:31:39 PM by Roger Cole »