Author Topic: my 2008 Annual Picnic/Photo Freight pictures  (Read 8687 times)

Matthew Malkiewicz

• Museum Member
  • Flagman
    • View Profile
    • Lost Tracks of Time
my 2008 Annual Picnic/Photo Freight pictures
« on: August 11, 2008, 07:18:31 PM »
My first time to the W.W. & F., I will definitely be back. Plenty of rain, great lobster, and some of the nicest people associated with a railroad anywhere.

Jason: Thank you for giving me permission to roam with my camera. Awesome job with the Photo Freight runs.

Stewart: Beautiful flat bed truck, and thank you for the locomotive lantern, and especially the tour of Alice's Room.

Steve Hussar: Thank you for assisting with the Photo runs, great locations and scenes.

Many thanks to all others also.

Matthew Malkiewicz from New Jersey

Joe Fox

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
Re: my 2008 Annual Picnic/Photo Freight pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 06:59:03 AM »
Thanks for the pics. I miss not seeing steam, but even more, I miss the museum.

Joe

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 07:35:04 PM »
Matt,
 If you think that was something, show up for a work weekend and watch (and help) the railroad grow. It's a great time and guarantee you won't forget it.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Bill Sample

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 09:04:51 AM »
Great photos, Matt.  You successfully captured the look of a working 2 footer back in the day!

Steve Klare

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
    • View Profile
    • Narrow Gauge Films
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 02:30:30 PM »
The way my vacation worked out I couldn't get to the annual picnic, but about two weeks before we were camped up near Rumford and finished up with a weekend on the coast, including an afternoon at WW&F. It was the first time I'd been there since 2004.

The thing that that was different this time than the others is with Alna Center now operating there was more of a feeling of being on a train headed someplace than just "going for a ride". I think decades ago traveling on a two foot train would have felt pretty much like what we experienced, other than the equipment and track being in much better repair in 2008!