Author Topic: Wonderful article on the WW&F Railway: NRHS Bulletin, Vol 81, No. 2  (Read 5033 times)

Roger Cole

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
My National Railway Historical Society (NRHS) bulletin arrived today.  I've been a member since 1982.  Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the whole issue was devoted to the WW&F Railway.  A great article and lots of great photos to boot.  Unfortunately, it appears that the article predated the installation of Trout Brook Bridge and the rail extension during FWW.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 06:26:46 PM by Roger Cole »

Bernie Perch

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
Re: Wonderful article on the WW&F Railway: NRHS Bulletin, Vol 81, No. 2
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 07:19:02 PM »
You should find a way to arrange to get more copies and have them sold in the gift shop.

Bernie

Joe Fox

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 10:14:17 AM »
I'd love to get a copy. Any way of aquiring one?

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 02:08:03 PM »
What a terrific article!  I received my copy today.  Nice job by Jason, Stephen Hussar and all involved!

Joe:  Information on how to order back issues of the NRHS Bulletin can be found on the NRHS.com website, although they don't have an online store set up.  Hopefully our gift shop can get some copies to sell.  In the meantime, if you're at Sheepscot on December 29th, I plan to be there as well and will bring my copy so you can borrow it.
What–me worry?

Roger Cole

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 02:28:41 PM »
Joe Fox - Check your Messages.

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 07:33:32 PM »
I think a bunch of us might like copies.  Is there an easy way to make this happen?

Gary Kraske

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 08:56:34 PM »
Me too!  Copy access please, dollars are awaiting dispersal!

Jason M Lamontagne

• Operating Volunteers
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 05:38:19 AM »
There will certainly be a limited number of museum copies available for viewing.

As an aside- we published the text of this article as it’s own entity, in a starkly different format which mirrors a promotional booklet put out by the W&Q in 1887.  That version is available in our gift shop, and includes the as-written last 1/4 of the text (as NRHS had to edit this fairly heavily for space).

The NRHS publication is a fabulous presentation.  Stephen’s photography gives our narrative a real sense of life and vibrance, along with a national stage.  We are extremely grateful for the opportunity they afforded us!

Thanks,
Jason

Jeff Schumaker

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 10:32:37 AM »
So, how did the article come about? Was the museum approached by NRHS, or vice versa?

Jeff S.
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a moose trout out of my hat.

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 10:04:11 PM »
I just received my NRHS Bulletin and WOW!.  The entire issue is devoted to the WW&F.  The writing and photos are top notch.  The story flows very nicely from one subject to another.  I can't say enough about how marvelously we are represented to the preservation community. 

I know the majority of the credit goes to Jason and Stephen, who always do excellent work and we are extremely fortunate to have the both of them.  I also suspect that a several others had a hand in things like reviewing, suggesting, editing, etc.

A great job by all who were involved.  This publication is a great achievement for the WW&F Museum.

Finally, if we could get a bunch of reprints, like we have for the Trains article, I think that would be a great addition to our gift shop.

~ B2 ~ Wascally Wabbit & Gofer ~