Author Topic: Victorian Christmas 2018 - Tickets Now Available!  (Read 2890 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Victorian Christmas 2018 - Tickets Now Available!
« on: November 09, 2018, 01:43:23 PM »
Tickets (reservations) are now available for Victorian Christmas. Be sure to get your tickets so not to be disappointed. While the event is still free, tickets are necessary to help spread the crowd out evenly throughout the day.

http://wwfrytickets.simpletix.com
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
Re: Victorian Christmas 2018 - Tickets Now Available!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 09:16:56 PM »
All tickets for the 15th are gone, 24 hours after going live.

Jeff Schumaker

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 08:53:01 AM »
James,

How many tickets were available?

Jeff S.
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a moose trout out of my hat.

Joe Fox

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 09:55:35 AM »
Our one Christmas event is just too popular. Most New England tourist railroads do 1/4 of their annual ridership between Thanksgiving and Christmas and I must say these numbers hold close to true for us as well. Victorian Christmas is nice, but it is extremely evident this event is wildly in popular demand.

This is just a little fun fact, Conway Scenics original Polar Express was a sold out 9 car train 8 trains per four days. Over the course of 18 days, they would have three times as many patrons as they did for Thomas, and would have nearly 18,000 people in those few short days. Of course times have changed, and they had to change the name to avoid Trademark fees, and the trains have been reduced to 8 cars now and tickets are almost always available unlike the old days when the only way to get tickets was to stay at a hotel with a package deal, win the lottery drawing, or know someone with the Polar Express event.

One thing to consider, what about "after hours" Christmas trains on Victorian Christmas? We keep making the event shorter, but I remember times when we used to run trains till 5-5:30p.m. and people still had fun even though Santa had returned to the North Pole, and the wagons had left.