Author Topic: 2018 Annual Fund Drive  (Read 4433 times)

Chris Dadson

• Museum Member
  • Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
2018 Annual Fund Drive
« on: September 05, 2018, 06:50:10 PM »
My first post as I've only been a member of the WW&F Museum for a few weeks.

This morning I received a letter detailing the appeal for donations towards this year's annual capital fund-raising campaign. I reside in the UK, so the most convenient means of donating is over the internet using a credit / debit card, or by Paypal. If I use the 'donate button' on the front page of the WW&F website will my donation find its way into the Annual Fund Drive account?

I ask this as there is no mention in the received paperwork about making payments using plastic cards or Paypal.
Chris

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Annual Fund Drive
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 07:40:35 PM »
Christopher,

Yes, you may use the Donate button - it goes to PayPal - many do it this way.  Please use the comment section to mention that it is for the annual fund drive. 

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 09:11:13 AM »
I see your donation, Chris, thanks very much!

Although there are fees involved, PayPal is a great way to donate quickly.  Although I understand there's a way for the donor to pay the fee themselves - but I can't tell you how because I've never seen it.

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 11:33:10 AM »
Thanks Christopher and James .I was about to ask the same question; I'll use donate and paypal and send back the coupon.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 08:44:44 AM »
The Fund Drive has gotten off to a huge start. 139 donations in the first week, with the total being $25,000. That is almost 1/3 of the $80,000 total.

With a lot of the slips are notes that some have written us. Keep up the great work, I love seeing the progress, I wish I lived closer, and many more. I am hoping to scan some of them onto one sheet and post them at the museum, if I have time.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...