WW&F Railway Museum Discussion > Volunteers

July 2018 Work Planning

(1/18) > >>

Jason M Lamontagne:
Starting this thread in order to highlight that our planned summer work to install the bridge is getting underway and will be very intense at times.  Here’s a general request for any extra help we can get- we’ll put out specific calls for help on a day by day basis, as they’re needed.

I’ll put out a full task list and rough schedule under the bridge thread- so it’s a linear discussion over the next 3 months.  To foreshadow this week: heavy work days are planned for Tuesday and Thursday, with a lighter work day on Friday.  We plan to prep the stringers for the bridge approach spans (20 beams).  On Thursday or Friday morning we expect our large timber shipment to arrive: 22 pilings, and dozens of timbers.  We may start sorting those out.

Also this week- we will complete 309’s truck, as well as a repair on coach 3’s brake system.  There’ll be some prep for the upcoming ice cream social too.

Joe will continue trying to sprinkle in track work throughout the bridge project.  Initially, he’s hoping for some very limited help (1 or 2) this coming Monday (tomorrow).

See ya
Jason

Joe Fox:
I got about 160' of track tamped today, amongst a few minor repairs made through out the day, and needing to replace a few missing nuts the tamper ran very well. I am still amazed with how well it is running currently. Tamping is a little slow at times, but I suspect one more full day of tamping, a crew to dress ballast the tamped areas, and the rebuilt area will be very good. I'd like to get it lined, however it won't be this year due to other more pressing track projects, but will be a good filler between trains if crew permits.

Brendan Barry:
Boxcar 309's repaired truck about to be rolled under the car. The top frame of the truck was bent down on the ends from the force of the brakes being applied and an archbar needed repair at one of the journal boxes. The top frame was bent back into place and reinforcement pieces were fitted on top of the truck frame. The WW&F had repaired this truck before on one corner before using the same method.

Joe Fox:
Although it is a holiday, there will be shop work, and track work going on 7/4.

James Patten:
Anticipated work for weekend of July 7-8:

* Ice Cream Social: Saturday unless it rains then Sunday (no rain in the forecast).  We need help.
* Caboose 320
* Bridge
* Mountain Extension

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version