Author Topic: Easter Eggspress - March 31, 2018  (Read 1159 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Yardmaster
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Easter Eggspress - March 31, 2018
« on: February 23, 2018, 02:11:32 AM »
Come join the WW&F Railway Museum on 3/31/18 as we celebrate Easter with a Spring Steamup! Bring your Easter basket, and catch the train bound for Alna Center where the egg hunt awaits. Locate a special egg and a large basket of goodies is yours!

Upon arrival at Alna Center, three separate egg hunts will be held each trip for children ages 0-3, ages 4-6, and ages 7 and older. If the special egg is not found, the basket will go to the child who finds the most eggs.

Trains depart every 35 minutes starting at 11:25am. The last train and egg hunt leaves from the museum's Sheepscot station at 3:30pm.

Train tickets are only $5.00 per person, and free under age 3. Advance reservations recommended - purchase tickets at: http://wwfrytickets.simpletix.com/SimpletixExpress/Events/Detail.aspx?ShowId=33785 (Walk-up purchases the day of the event will be available. However, seating on a particular train may not be guaranteed.)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 10:22:02 PM by Ed Lecuyer »
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
Re: Easter Eggspress - March 31, 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 12:06:06 AM »
A couple of shots I took today..

Mike
Doing way too much to list...

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 05:11:14 AM »
Thank you for posted. In such sunny weather everybody must have made the most of the day.  I'm driving off to Pithiviers hopefully the sun will be out too. Happy Easter Mike.

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 03:32:07 AM »
A few more photos from Saturday.  Like Mike, I didn't have much time to take photos while on the steam train crew.

A view from open car #103 of the two Easter egg fields for the older kids:

A view of the youngest kids getting ready for the hunt.  The impeccably dressed Steve P. provided instructions to families:

The hunt underway!

A view of the youngest kids hunt and the steam train:

Steve P. and all the other volunteers at Alna Center did a superb job with the event.  Without exception, every family I spoke with had a great time. What a terrific way to spend the day before Easter!
What–me worry?