WW&F Railway Museum Discussion > Volunteers

Northeast storm October 2017

(1/6) > >>

Bill Reidy:
A pretty wild storm passed over New England and New York the past 24 hours -- haven't heard the wind howl like that in quite a while.  If the results around here just southwest of Boston are any indication, I assume there's a good amount of tree damage up in Maine.  Hope you all have power or will have it restored soon.

I can imagine Fred and crew will be busy with chain saws this weekend.  Good thing the regular season ended this past Saturday.

Mike Arnold:
Hey 1/2 of ny is New England but we never get included any more. Eastern Suffolk county and parts of upstate. My family settled in southhold ct in the 1640s... not our fault Charles 2 hated puritans and gave us to his brother the duke of York! We hate NYC and the citidiots it bring us. One of the slogans for hopeful Peconic County is the "The end of New England" but I think it should include the town of Brookhaven as well so all puritan settlements and manor land are included.
Sorry as an islander who works the sea, their aint no Island left for islanders like me so I left. But my heart is still in New England my heart is still on Long Island. Sorry for the rant they just forget us extreme southern New Englanders.
Mike

Jeff Schumaker:
Bill,

Any damage to your house or property?

Jeff S.

Mike Fox:
Several trees down in the state. At one time today, there were 450,000 customers without power, the musem being one of them. Reports I got was the garden shed next to the woods track took a hit,one on or through the roof, and something fell close to the water tower.

Bill Reidy:
Hi Jeff,

No -- we're fine, but thanks for asking.  No property damage, and we only had power out a very short time -- much more fortunate than many.  Utility crews are doing a great job.  I did see a couple of oak trees completely blown over nearby, along with the typical damage to the white pines, but fortunately no homes damaged.  Boston area news is showing a lot of properties damaged.

I know there are some large power outages along the coast in Maine today, hence my original post.

- Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version