Author Topic: Albion Day 2017  (Read 267 times)

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Albion Day 2017
« on: October 02, 2017, 06:36:06 PM »
Hi All;
This year's Albion Day (November 4, 2017) conveniently falls on the anniversary of the First Train to Albion in 1895. Perhaps I should tell Phil to bake an anniversary cake for the volunteers. This year will feature the usual weed-whacking and track maintenance but it will have a special twist. Phil would like to do some archeological digging in and around the turntable pit to see if any nice tidbits or knickknacks can be uncovered.
Also, Phil and the AHS have managed to get the Plymouth locomotive started. However, he finds that he needs parts for the Buda engine, especially the carburetor. If any of you have any parts hanging around that you don't need please let me know. I will talk to Phil again about what exactly he needs along with obtaining a bit more information about the engine (like model number). All I remember is that it is a 4 cylinder gas engine.
Finally, please let me know (here or otherwise) if you will be joining us as Phil needs to know how much road kill he'll need for the lunch stew...
Dave

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
Re: Albion Day 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 01:43:45 AM »
I'll put in a request to allow myself another visit to the northern terminus. The archeological research could be rather interesting...I like, or should I say really dig that stuff.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 02:15:34 AM »
Maybe we could take the handcar up there for a couple trips.

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 02:44:00 AM »
Start,

That sounds like a great idea and easy to implement.

Bill