Author Topic: Unsolicited Praise  (Read 203 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Historical Topo Maps
Unsolicited Praise
« on: September 08, 2017, 11:09:50 AM »
The following comment was posted on Trains magazine's web site underneath Wayne Laepple's story of the donation of the Moose Brook bridge from the National Society for the Preservation of Covered Bridges.

For those who are not aware, this group is a "poster child" for successful US railway museums. Realistic, conservative budgets and annual fund drives that result in returns exceeding the detailed requests. Equipment that has been restored and/or built new to original specifications - steam locomotives, passenger cars, freight and work equipment - much of which now housed under the cover of period replica structures. More and more track in service very year on what is a fantastic, historic ride. Of the many rail-related groups out there seeking your donation, these folks should be considered at or near the top of your "worthwhile" list.
DAN HOWARD

Congratulations everyone on what we are accomplishing. I am proud to be a small part of our organization; I am honored to call you my friends.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Jeff Schumaker

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolicited Praise
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 01:22:05 PM »
This is high praise, indeed.

Jeff S.

John Stone

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolicited Praise
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 01:59:53 AM »
I've visited railroad museums since I was a wee lad. WW&F was the first one I felt the desire to become a member of, for all the reasons stated in Mr. Howard's comment! That and it's also cool!

other John