Author Topic: an open invitation  (Read 315 times)

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
an open invitation
« on: May 22, 2017, 01:02:22 AM »
Any WW&F folks who may be visiting south-central Pennsylvania this summer are invited to visit the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, right across the street from the Strasburg Rail Road's station. And if you come by on a Tuesday or Wednesday and let me know in advance (by PM here), I'll be glad to meet you and give you the nickel tour, including a visit to the restoration shop which is not generally open to the public.

And if you happen down this way between Aug. 16 and 19, be sure to take in the Rough & Tumble Engineers Historical Steam Engine Show at Kinzer, Pa. It's the largest and oldest event of its kind east of the Mississippi River. It features well over 100 steam engines, as well as gas and diesel tractors. There are also multiple stationary steam, natural gas and diesel engines, two steam railroads and a huge flea market.

Hope to see a few WW&F hats, shirts or bumper stickers around here this summer.

Wayne Laepple
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:07:53 PM by Wayne Laepple »

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
Re: an open invitation
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 02:48:53 AM »
I think we are making the trip this fall if I can make it work out..
Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment

Joe Fox

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: an open invitation
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 03:35:49 AM »
Wayne, that's good to know. Thank you for the heads up. If I hit a 72 hour off period I am toying with the idea of coming down that way with the family.