W.W.&F. Discussion Forum
July 28, 2017, 03:51:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Notice: Chasing our tales.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trains for August 1983  (Read 281 times)
Ted Miles
Museum Member
Baggageman

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2017, 09:41:32 PM »

Folks,
         Most of us are familiar with the August article about Alice Ramsdall and the Sandy River #6 as she liked to call her.

For years I have wondered who the author Peter J. Rickershauser was. Now a person over at the Narrow Gauge discussion Forum has answered the question. He was later an Assistant Vice President of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe.

Anyone who will drive from New Jersey to far northeastern Connecticut to look at a steam locomotive has to have some railroad in his life!

The old Railroad Magazine for January 1968 also has an article about Alice Ramsdall. She was#61 in the Interesting Railfans series. If it isn't on line someplace; the issues are in many public libraries. 

Ted Miles, WW&F Railway Museum Life Member     
Ira Schreiber
Museum Member
Dispatcher

Life Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 12:53:50 AM »

Peter Rickershauser resides in Denver and is a good friend of mine. He still does rail consulting and serves on several boards.

He did a recent presentation, on the N&W rail strike that changed the face of U.S. railroads in the 1980's, for our local NRHS chapter.

He is a great fan of the WW&F. and all things Maine two footers.

Ira Schreiber
James Patten
Wearer of Too Many Hats
Global Moderator
Trainmaster

Loco for 6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 01:27:25 AM »

According to my records, Mr. Rickershauser is not a WW&F member.  Perhaps, Ira, you should persuade him!

I'm pretty sure we have the article in the Archives.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: