W.W.&F. Discussion Forum
May 27, 2017, 06:36:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Notice: Searching for money.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: D&RGW 1960s photos  (Read 396 times)
Joe Fox
Museum Member
Fireman

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2017, 12:10:37 PM »

Hey everyone,

Someone shared this site with me on another forum so I thought I would share it here as well for anyone interested. There are some pretty cool shots of the D&RGW narrow gauge in the final years.

https://chasingtrains.smugmug.com/Narrow-Gauge-Memories/Rio-Grande-Narrow-Gauge-in-the
Roger Cole
Flagman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 04:21:36 PM »

Wow!  What great photography!  The shots are razor sharp, colors are spectacular and the photos are nicely composed.  Having ridden the Silverton line and the Cumbres & Toltec line in their tourist days, it was nice to see how things were during their "real" railroad era.
Tom Casper
Museum Member
Brakeman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 05:07:31 PM »

These are John West slides he has digitized.  He has a good eye for picking shots.

Tom C.

Later:
tom_srclry_com
Joe Fox
Museum Member
Fireman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 11:51:58 PM »

They are great images. And many others have sent me images that will help me with designing and building my Alamosa shops and yard scene in HOn3.
Bob Holmes
Museum Member
Switchman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 12:38:31 AM »

Wow, what memories.  I grew up in Denver and my father was a train buff.  I have recollections of riding the Galloping Goose up to Lizard Head, riding the Silverton train, and photographing a short diesel train on the Farmington branch with my Brownie Hawkie (I still have that picture somewere).  Of course, I had no clue of the historic magnitude of what I was doing and seeing.

Thanks, Joe...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: