W.W.&F. Discussion Forum
June 26, 2017, 04:29:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Notice: Great things in store at the WW&F.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2017 Work Planning  (Read 8249 times)
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum
Administrator
Supervisor

View Profile WWW
« on: January 01, 2017, 10:08:13 PM »

Anyone planning on being at Sheepscot on Mon. Jan 2nd?

Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum
James Patten
Wearer of Too Many Hats
Global Moderator
Trainmaster

Loco for 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:00:43 PM »

Anticipated work for Saturday January 7:

* Photo weekend prep: this could include plowing, etc.
* Boxcar 67
* Top of Mountain tree clearing?
Fred Morse
Museum Member
Fireman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:22:18 PM »

It looks like we may be able to cut trees Sat. if we get up North without it taking half a day.
Dave Buczkowski
Museum Member
Engineer

Life Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 02:37:29 PM »

We should cut up the trees we pushed aside this past Saturday along the ROW. I'll make sure to wear my burn coat.
Dave
Fred Morse
Museum Member
Fireman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 09:22:23 PM »

Brenden a I went up the line this morning, we only had to work on 3 crossings all the rest were O.K.. The TOM field had about 8 inches of snow left on it in the woods where we would be cutting there's about 4 inches. So, unless we get a lot of snow this week we should be able to cut Sat. I also made sure the saws were sharp and I will bring mine also. We try to leave Sheepscot around 8:00 AM
James Patten
Wearer of Too Many Hats
Global Moderator
Trainmaster

Loco for 6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 11:01:56 PM »

Work done on Saturday Jan 7, 2017:

* Tree cutting: A crew of 7 or 8 went up in the morning and cut about 25 feet wide by 100 or more feet long, along the line of the future mill track.
* Boxcar 67: Zack has all the roof uprights in.
* #10: Jason brought in some of smaller #10's boiler pieces and stowed them.
* Switching: Mike and I switched the location of 52 and 309 from Bay 1 to 3, and pulled #10 north a little bit.
* ROWMOW project: Last year we bought a trailer which will be turned into a car for equipment hauls.  Mike moved it into the south side of Bay 3.  It fit very neatly.
* Timbers: The large/long timbers that were stored by the section house were moved by Mike and I to the top of ex-Septic Heights.
* Archives: Linda was working on entering things in Past Perfect.
Mike Fox
Museum Member
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 01:16:45 AM »

Two burn piles. If Fred was facing the camera, you would have seen the smile. "That fire's going good"

We had our own maple syrup operation going on for a bit. Down wind from this tree smelled like a maple sugar shack.

Dave moves in for a taste.

Bay 3 is full. Door to door, accept a narrow walkway between the Brokville and boxcar.

Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment
Bill Reidy
Museum Member
Fireman

Life member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 02:39:42 AM »

Dave moves in for a taste.

I thought he preferred kielbasa.

Wish I could have made it today.  I had planned to drive up today earlier this week, but today's southern New England snowstorm ended that thought.  Hope to be up in three weeks, weather and work permitting.
Joe Fox
Museum Member
Engineer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 11:50:48 AM »

Flat car ends were built for both flats to recreate a Monson freight train for our two January events.
Fred Morse
Museum Member
Fireman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 01:34:15 PM »

The maple trees and the small oak we'll drop last and leave them full length to be pulled out to the main line track, then cut for firewood. Because of other activities the next Three weekends we'll probably be working on the boxcar. Besides, it will be warmer when we cut again. Were not trying to make the TOM field larger this year unless we have time,  however we are cutting where the siding track will be placed.
Dwight Winkley
Museum Member
Hostler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 02:26:17 PM »

Bill, there will be very few people at museum on the third weekend. Model  Railroad Show in Springfield, Mass.  Zack and Fred will be working on boxcar 67.
Bill Reidy
Museum Member
Fireman

Life member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 04:29:04 PM »

Bill, there will be very few people at museum on the third weekend. Model  Railroad Show in Springfield, Mass.  Zack and Fred will be working on boxcar 67.

Ah, that figures.

I'll shoot then for February 4th.  I should not be working that weekend, since I have to work the 11th.  We'll see if another snowstorm intervenes.
Dave Buczkowski
Museum Member
Engineer

Life Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 01:42:20 AM »

Mmm, maple kielbasa.
Mike Fox
Museum Member
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 01:02:44 AM »

Day #1 of the onsite prep for the photo charters this weekend. Joe and I spent all afternoon switching, and have the car barn organized in order of need. In case you are keeping track, North to South, coaches 3 and 11 occupy car barn 1, along with a milling machine. 65,  309 and 320 are in Car Barn 2. 554, 103, the Brookville (51), mower car and stationary steam engine are on Car Barn 3.

8 and the Railcar are in bay 1 of the shop, but heading for bay 3 tomorrow or Wednesday. Bay 2 is 67. Bay 3 is 118 and 10, which are headed for bay 1. 10 for work and 118 to be unloaded.
52 and 9 are in bay 4 (machine shop) for tonight. 3 will Join 9 in there tomorrow, and 52 will await an opening to get under cover.

On the outside, 126 is on the roundhouse run through track, to be used as an idler Tuesday while unloading 3. The 4 wheel brigade is currently on track 2 outside of the shop. Those are headed to the woods track after 3 arrives. This includes the Compressor car, Big Joe Tapiere, a tip car, the Fire Car and #9's old boiler.

The passenger trucks were removed from Car Barn 3 today and are on the Turn Table lead (old track 7) headed for the track 2 outside the shop, one the 4 wheel brigade is moved, to be used under 67 to get it moveable so the crane could be used as needed.

Lastly, all the rail that was on the yellow work flat was unloaded, to allow the car to have the shingle mill loaded onto it.

Phew. Took almost as long to type as it did to plan and execute.

Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment
Joe Fox
Museum Member
Engineer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 01:22:13 AM »

Still much more photo prep needs to be done, and a lot that has already been done. I estimate I have dedicated 54 hours onsite hours. This includes brush cutting, some track work in the North Yard, etc. If I have my figures correct offsite is another 15-16 hours.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 01:23:53 AM by Joe Fox » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: