W.W.&F. Discussion Forum
April 25, 2017, 04:16:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Notice: Head North young man.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: September 2016 Work Planning  (Read 7761 times)
Stewart "Start" Rhine
Museum Member
Trainmaster

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2016, 08:00:51 AM »

New fill work was done in front of the Whitefield section house this week.  Thanks to Steve Z. and Brendan for switching flatcar loads of gravel,  helping unload the material and doing hand grading in front of the building.  With gravel filled up to the level of the jigger track one can more safely walk in front of the building.  It will be easier to set handcars out as well.  

The section house is one of the planned locations for a photo shoot at the January Steam Special so the fill should be settled by then.  
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 10:43:55 AM by Stewart "Start" Rhine » Logged
Stewart "Start" Rhine
Museum Member
Trainmaster

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2016, 11:22:26 AM »

Productive week -

* Turntable - End wheels were installed and the bridge flipped over.  Work on the spider wheels should come next after some parts arrive.

* Coach 3 - Eric and Bill worked on the windows, taking the cracked ones out.

* Campus - New fill was brought in and piled near where the woods track will come out.  This allows for the material to be loaded onto flatcars.

* Model AA - The oil was changed so the truck will be ready for the next assignment.
Fred Morse
Museum Member
Hostler

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2016, 03:28:22 PM »

I see the latest news letter is now on the computer for members. Good stories!
Mike Fox
Museum Member
Trainmaster

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2016, 07:56:40 PM »

I don't know where the fill was thought to be going, but I know where it is not going.

Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment
Stewart "Start" Rhine
Museum Member
Trainmaster

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2016, 09:14:02 PM »

MDOT is reworking the dirt along the sides of Rt. 218 and needed a place to put the material.  Doesn't look like much clay in the piles so some could go next to the garage to fill in the low spots on the west side.
Mike Fox
Museum Member
Trainmaster

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2016, 05:37:00 AM »

Perfect. I also suggested using it to build the berms I wasnted in the parkinglot and to re-slope the area on the east side of the restrooms to direct the water to the new pipe.

Before anyone suggests it, this will not be used as fill at the wash out. We need to do that right, which means using similar material as what is oarund it. In that case it is gravel.

Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: