W.W.&F. Discussion Forum
May 24, 2017, 01:16:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Notice: Help trash the WW&F.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: June 2016 Work Planning  (Read 5966 times)
Stewart "Start" Rhine
Museum Member
Trainmaster

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2016, 12:53:37 AM »

* Masons - About 40 Masons had their annual cookout at Alna Center.  The evening crew brought them back to Sheepscot at 6:30 with #52.  Everyone we spoke to said they had a good afternoon and thanked us for helping make their event special.  There were a number of new first time riders that said they would come back to ride with family.  Some photos of the event will be on fb tomorrow night.
Ira Schreiber
Museum Member
Dispatcher

Life Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2016, 01:02:09 AM »

About six years ago, I brought a friend of mines modified Rock Island signal maintainer's Briggs and Stratton powered rail car. It was adjustable from standard gauge to 2' gauge.
I was allowed to make one after hours round trip to then end of track.
James Patten
Wearer of Too Many Hats
Global Moderator
Trainmaster

Loco for 6

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2016, 12:00:21 PM »

Anticipated work for weekend of Saturday June 25:

* Turntable forms - I guess Jeff Verney is supposed to dig out the pit this week.  So we may be putting forms in the ground.
* Boxcar 67
* Top of Mountain Mills grading?
Mike Fox
Museum Member
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2016, 12:24:56 PM »

Yes, weather permitting of course.

Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment
Jason M Lamontagne
Operating Volunteers
Conductor

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2016, 01:18:08 PM »

Jeff digs the hole the first week of July.  This week (and Saturday) will be rebar bending and tying.

Jason
James Patten
Wearer of Too Many Hats
Global Moderator
Trainmaster

Loco for 6

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 10:43:45 PM »

Work done on Saturday June 25:

* Top of Mountain: Mike was busy grading, breaking the dozer and fixing it.
* Percival House: Some dirt was scattered around the west side of the house to change water flow, and keep it away from the foundation.  The old west side stairs were moved to west side of the parking lot, which seems to be have become our storage facility for stuff we don't quite know what to do with.
* Loco 9: Marcel was doing some trim work on the cab.

Not a lot of volunteers around, maybe everyone will be around on Independence Weekend.
John McNamara
Operating Volunteers
Dispatcher

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2016, 12:24:06 AM »

Jeff digs the hole the first week of July.  This week (and Saturday) will be rebar bending and tying.

Jason
I have marked my best guess on the location of the water pipe and phone/alarm pipe that run through this area. I believe that Brendan and Stewart will take it from here.

-John
Mike Fox
Museum Member
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2016, 12:49:33 AM »

I did not convert the trailer to run on rails quick enough. Brendan has found a use for it. He wants to keep the timbers mobile to ensure the contractor has room to dig

Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: