W.W.&F. Discussion Forum
May 24, 2017, 01:23:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Notice: Watch your money go up in smoke.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: June 2016 Work Planning  (Read 5968 times)
Dwight Winkley
Museum Member
Hostler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 03:21:08 AM »

Work done on Friday June 9th

Eric, Fred and Dwight spent the day cutting brush along the ROW. We stopped at the Mile 7 marker.
Stewart "Start" Rhine
Museum Member
Trainmaster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 11:54:57 AM »

Also on Friday -

* Percival house - Sonya cleaned the kitchen, bathroom, meeting/dining room and office. 

* Restroom building - Cindy did general cleaning.

* Archives - A man stopped by with some old photos of Wiscasset.  His Uncle recently passed away and left many prints and negatives from the 1920's and '30's.  The man asked us to look through some of the images to see if any pertained to the WW&F.  Most did not but we found a few that showed parts of the railroad, some after abandonment.  The photos will be placed in the archives.
James Patten
Wearer of Too Many Hats
Global Moderator
Trainmaster

Loco for 6

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 10:40:26 PM »

Work done on Saturday:

* Boxcar 67: Zack and Marcel were working on the needle beams.
* Lumbermen: Fred saw a tree north of the Davis railpile that he wanted to cut, so he and two others took off to do so.  They brought the wood back for #9's fireup stash, then proceeded to cut up and stack some of the long pieces lying around the area.
* Grounds: Steve Z mowed around.  Bill R and Dave B strimmed around.  Results: shorter grass all around.
* Turntable: Some preparation for form building
Fred Morse
Museum Member
Hostler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 10:46:25 PM »

Leon weeks did a lot of grass cutting today as well as during the week.
Stewart "Start" Rhine
Museum Member
Trainmaster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 10:51:45 PM »

A bit more -

* Turntable - The timber bundles were broken open and the cross stringers sorted out in new piles next to the main bridge stringers.  A pile of wood debris was removed from where track 7 will approach the pit.

* Boxcar 67 - Much work on bolt making and truss rods with the first one being installed.

* #9 - The restored roof hatch was test fitted and the new ash pan door plates got attention.

* Coach 8 - The vacuum brake stand pipe elbows were cleaned and painted.  Measurements were taken for new mounting brackets.

* Kitchen - Dave B's wife Gail fixed a wonderful lunch for us.  Thank you Gail!
Stewart "Start" Rhine
Museum Member
Trainmaster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 09:00:20 PM »

Sunday, June 12th -

* TOM - Mike worked clearing tree debris.

* Wood - Fred cut more firewood for #9.

* Train service - The 10:00am and 12:30pm trains did not run.  There were about a dozen passengers dispersed on the other trains.

Bill Baskerville
Museum Member
Hostler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2016, 12:16:18 AM »

More work for Friday the 10th, the window frame with the broken glass from coach 8 was repaired and painted.  It will return for the FWW unless someone else going north wants to lug it along.

Bill
James Patten
Wearer of Too Many Hats
Global Moderator
Trainmaster

Loco for 6

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 11:56:43 AM »

Anticipated work weekend of Saturday June 18:

* Boxcar 67
* Turntable
* TOM clearing (maybe)
* Steam for father's day weekend.
Mike Fox
Museum Member
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 12:16:23 PM »

I am out again this weekend, going with a few other members to an even narrower gauge meet. It was muddy again up at TOM Sunday and with the rain this week, I can't imagine it improved any.

Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment
Stewart "Start" Rhine
Museum Member
Trainmaster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 12:24:58 PM »

* Mason's Charter - The Lincoln Lodge will have their annual picnic at Alna Center on Saturday.  Members will take the 2:30 train up and detrain at AC on the southbound run.  Watch for a couple of vehicles on the Averill Road as cookout equipment is brought in around the same time.  A diesel extra will run to AC at around 6:00pm to bring everyone back to Sheepscot. 
Ira Schreiber
Museum Member
Dispatcher

Life Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 08:16:24 PM »

Beware of the Trout Brook bridge with the Mason's train.
John McNamara
Operating Volunteers
Dispatcher

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 08:36:34 PM »

Beware of the Trout Brook bridge with the Mason's train.
Only if we mis-adjust our time machine.
James Patten
Wearer of Too Many Hats
Global Moderator
Trainmaster

Loco for 6

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 10:39:13 PM »

Work done on Saturday June 18

Top Of Mountain: Fred and I took a flatcar up and loaded up most of the remaining wood from the winter's cutting, and brought it back to Sheepscot, where others stacked it.
Turntable: Looked like several people were busy working on concrete forms for the turntable, although I think a bunch were done before today.
Boxcar 67: Some work was done, but I don't know what.  I saw a truss rod installed, maybe that's what it was.
Busy passenger day: We had a 10 AM group of NARCO(?) put-put owners riding, plus a bunch of Mason's at 2:30.
John McNamara
Operating Volunteers
Dispatcher

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2016, 12:05:39 AM »

NARCOA = North American Rail Car Owners Association. My cousin's husband is a member, and I have ridden with him at some of their events.

-John
Philip Marshall
Museum Member
Fireman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2016, 12:52:00 AM »

I'm curious if there are any NARCOA members with 2' gauge speeders. Have any approached the museum asking for permission to operate their own 2' gauge equipment on the railroad?

The C&TS and I believe also the D&S regularly host NARCOA groups who bring their own 3' gauge speeders to ride, and I know that 2' gauge speeders were indeed manufactured (or at least advertised) by Fairmont and other builders, so it's within the realm of possibility.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: